Aircraft Electrical Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL or Irvine, CA, USA
Responsible for engineering IFE/IFC projects within the Systems Installation group from an Electrical design standpoint; from system design to integration to installation.
- Responsible for engineering, designing and developing Electrical installation engineering documentation based on customer and regulatory requirements.
- Design and develop in-flight entertainment/connectivity equipment electrical installation engineering documentation to support airline customer s requirements. Documentation includes Aircraft Wiring Diagrams, Cable Assemblies, Wire Removal Drawings and Electrical Load Analysis Reports, etc.
- Provide support for planning, customer meetings, preliminary design review PDR , critical design review CDR , aircraft surveys, aircraft installations, etc.
- Support Certification, Installation, Program Management, Marketing and other departments to coordinate program requirements.
- Work with external Engineering groups to integrate third-party vendor equipment with own systems.
- Ability to use AutoCAD to perform design responsibilities for wiring assemblies and wiring installation drawings, etc.
- Provide inputs to Drafters for systems design criteria to support aircraft installations. Assist in the guidance and direction for problem solving to Drafters.
- Applies knowledge of equipment, Avionics Wiring and installation requirements to develop unique system wiring solutions.
- Support integrated supply chain with manufacturability and obsolescence issues, product transitions to new suppliers and cost savings initiatives.
- BSEE or related technical field or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience in aviation industry.
- Experience with Wiring Harness Assembly drawings, Wire Routing and installation in transport category aircraft.
- Proficient with AutoCAD. Experience with Solid Works and Pro E is a plus.
- Extensive experience with complex avionics systems.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Avionics component parts utilized in the design and manufacture of cable assemblies (i.e. connectors, contacts, wire types).
- Must have extensive knowledge of components and parts utilized in the installation design of cable assemblies.
- Must have a high understanding of airline regulatory guidelines and design requirements for aircraft wiring.
- Shall possess total System Integration knowledge.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interface with customers, vendors, and other internal departments.
Illinois, United States