Aircraft Metals Technology Technician – ICS Program (F-15 SA)
- Advise on metals machining, welding, designing, and production problems.
- Design, manufacture, or modify special precision tools, gauges, dies, and fixtures to facilitate metal working operations.
- Perform metals technology shop calculations such as determining cutting speeds and settings, welding processes, and preheat and post heat requirements.
- Weld, braze, solder, and heat treat metals.
- Use manual and computer numerical controlled (CNC) metal working machines, mills, and lathes to manufacture and repair cams, gears, slots, and keyways for aircraft components and SE.
- Write programs for CNC machines using manual and Computer Aided Design-Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAD-CAM) methods.
- Check completed components and determines serviceability in accordance with drawings and specifications.
- Use metal working equipment, tools, and supplies to produce surface finishing specifications for components.
- Extract broken or damaged hardware.
- Check components for wear tolerances using precision measuring devices.
- Maintain and inspect hand tools and metal working machinery.
- Perform operator maintenance and service inspections on shop equipment and tools
- Ensure lock out and tag out procedures are accomplished prior to maintenance on all equipment.
- Use and dispose of hazardous waste and materials according to environmental standards.
- Perform all other responsibilities assigned by back Shop Supervisor
- Experience with gas and electric welding, boring, milling, shaping, grinding metal, or using precision measuring devices is mandatory.
- 7 years of experience (must be USAF 5 or 7 Level)
Khamis, Saudi Arabia, Middle East