Aircraft Structural Maintenance Technician ICS Program (F-15 SA)
- Assembles structural parts and components to meet requirements for preserving structural integrity and low observable qualities.
- Assesses damage to aircraft structural components and low observable coatings
- Advises on structural and low observable repair, modification, and corrosion protection treatment with respect to original strength, weight, and contour to maintain structural and low observable integrity.
- Ensures aircraft component balance is maintained.
- Assembles repairs using special fasteners and adhesives.
- Checks repairs for serviceability according to specifications and technical publications.
- Manufactures jigs, fixtures, forms, and molds.
- Paints aircraft, missiles, and support equipment (SE).
- Identifies, removes, and treats corrosion using mechanical and chemical procedures.
- Applies corrosion protective and low observable coatings.
- Applies aircraft paint schemes and markings.
- Uses metalworking equipment and tools to form, cut, bend, and fasten replacement or repair parts to damaged structures and components.
- Fabricates, repairs, and assembles tubing and cable assemblies for aerospace weapon systems and SE.
- Maintains and inspects tools and equipment.
- Performs operator maintenance and service inspections on shop equipment and tools.
- Ensures lockout and tag out procedures are accomplished prior to performing shop equipment maintenance.
- Stores, handles, and disposes of hazardous waste and materials according to environmental standards.
- Inspects structures and components and determines operational status. Interprets inspection findings, and determines corrective action adequacy.
- Posts entries and maintains maintenance and inspection records
- Recommends methods to improve equipment performance and maintenance procedures.
- Uses automated maintenance systems. Inputs, validates, and analyzes data processed to automated systems.
- Clears and closes out completed maintenance discrepancies in automated maintenance systems.
- Performs all other duties assigned by Back Shop Supervisor
- 7 years of experience (must be USAF 5 or 7 Level)
Khamis, Saudi Arabia, Middle East