AWACS Subject Matter Expert (SME) & Program Analyst
- The primary function of this position is to provide Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) subject matter expertise to the Chief, C2 Section within the Directorate of Programs (DOP), RSAF Headquarters, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- This position is solely accountable to the Chief, Command and Control Section, Directorate of Program, RSAF Headquarters.
- This position requires the employee to display maturity, professionalism, and integrity daily.
- The employee must be a self-starter and comfortable working without direct oversight.
- Develop and assist in the management of an RSAF AWACS Modernization Program Plan, encompassing existing and future modernization programs under both Foreign Military Sales and Direct Commercial Sales (DCS) contracts.
- Management and analysis of RSAF spare parts and maintenance contracts for the entire 12 aircraft B707 RSAF is midway through a 3-year AWACS RSIP modernization program and will begin to enter Phase I of an extensive Block 40/45 upgrade.
- Must have the knowledge and practical operational experience gained from positions as a USAF AWACS Air Surveillance Officer and Mission Crew Commander.
- Review specialized Statements of Requirements (SORs) and Statements of Work (SOW) for accuracy, completeness and appropriateness for the RSAF
- Coordinate and track all requirements with multiple Directorates from applicable bases, and generate correspondence on behalf of RSAF General Officers including the RSAF
- Coordinate with in-Kingdom USG program managers and HQ AFLCMC/HBSI agencies including the USG Security Assistance Program Manager (SAPM).
- Participate in various in-kingdom and CONUS conferences and meetings to include Technical Interchange Meetings, Software Working Groups, Technical Coordination Groups and various RSAF and vendor Program Management Reviews (PMRs).
- Master’s Degree from an accredited US university or college, and a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Contracting, Research Methodology, Aeronautical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Previous USAF Instructor and/or Evaluator in both crew positions.
- Articulate in English and have exceptional writing and speaking skills.
- NAF/ MAJCOM experience developing and presenting oral and written briefings using Microsoft Office tools including Access is required.
- Must be comfortable briefing senior RSAF officers and USG civilians.
- Must be able to interact with RSAF and civilian counterparts in a positive, friendly manner.
- Operational AWACS experience with at least 2500 hours as an Air Surveillance Officer and 1500 hours as a Mission Crew Commander.
- 5 years’ practical experience in developing Statement of Requirement (SORs), Statements of Work or Special Provisions in a government contracting capacity.
- 3 years’ major program management experience in either commercial or defense communities.
- Familiarization with US Stale Department International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is mandatory.
- Operational experience on US or NATO E-3A, B, and C aircraft, with at least 500 hours on RSIP-equipped aircraft.
- Southwest Asia theater experience and instructional background is mandatory.
- AWACS airframe and mission systems knowledge must be well above average to adequately explain operating and maintenance concepts, address issues, and properly respond to RSAF General Officer questions.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Middle East
Operations / Management