Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager will report to the VP of Business Development for Services Support Solutions. The position will be focused on the development of business opportunities and growth for the company specifically within the modification and upgrade of United States Department of Defense (U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S Navy and U.S. Coast Guard) aircraft. The company provides turn-key aircraft modifications and upgrades to our customers through expert capabilities in system engineering, aircraft integration, configuration management, and complete test and evaluation support. Systems modifications and upgrades capabilities are targeted toward Special Mission aircraft. The company can provide specialized or multi-use configurations on a variety of efficient aircraft platforms designed to meet an assortment of mission requirements and a wide range of available budgetary resources. The company specializes in Special Mission capabilities for single-engine turboprop, twin-engine turboprop and twin-engine piston aircraft.
- Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance
- Command and Control
- Maritime Patrol
- Border Patrol and Surveillance (Homeland Security)
- Utility / Transport
- Geophysical Surveys
Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Identify and develop both new and follow-on business opportunities to generate profitable growth opportunities for the business unit.
- Act as the primary business Modification and Upgrade/Special Mission development interface to United States Army, United States Air Force, United States Navy, United States Marine Corps, United States Coast Guard and Foreign Military Sales customers.
- Understand the principles of Customer Relationship Management and represent the company at trade shows and customer meetings.
- Develop a strong understanding of U.S. and foreign government requirements, regulations and roadmaps, then be able to develop successful capture strategies to obtain aircraft modification, upgrade and special mission contracts.
- Understand and be able to assimilate the available company technology and capabilities into viable customer solutions.
- Prepare presentations and white papers for customers both internal and external, including domestic and foreign military aircraft operators and/or maintenance organizations.
- Participate in the budget cycle and construct target lists and associated capture plans for the business unit.
- Lead as well as be a participant in the proposal development process
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BS or BA Degree
- Military Background required; (service with General Staff or attended War College preferred)
- Detailed knowledge of how the US Air weapons generate and complete material requirements
- Proven track record of successful contract wins and documented business growth
- 15-20 years’ experience in DOD business development or military procurement
- Engineering and Technical background highly desirable
- Must be a team player, independent thinker, able to multi task and communicate
- Strong influencing skills and ability to build alliances
- Excellent communication with interpersonal and analytical skills
- A strong work ethic coupled with good business sense
- A management styles that leads by example and the ability to serve as a team player that can focus on the business objectives of the organization
- Strong skills in sales and ability to be a business partner
Texas, United States
Aviation Maintenance, Operations / Management