Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The Chief Executive Officer’s (CEO) primary job responsibility is to provide strategic direction, along with sales and operational leadership for this global company. The CEO will be responsible for profitably growing this business within the aerospace industry. The CEO must deliver strategic vision while being focused on the development and implementation of day-to-day business solutions. They will have ultimate accountability for leading all functions in the business including sales, customer service, engineering, operations and financial excellence.
- Grow revenue and EBITDA.
- Increase sales to new as well as existing customers, and provide extraordinary customer service.
- Implement a culture of continuous improvement and accountability throughout the organization.
- Provide the highest standards of quality and on time shipping.
- Maintain a safe work environment for all employees.
- Develop and implement a strategy and business model that drives the required financial growth objectives
- Establish an effective organizational structure and manage recruiting, talent development, top grading, succession planning, and compensation.
- Comply with FAA and statutory regulations.
- Lead the global organization through stable and profitable organic growth.
Desired Executive Qualities:
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Focused on results.
- Anticipates problems and develops solutions.
- Effective data-driven decision maker.
- Excellent verbal & written communicator with effective presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Able to influence others.
- Transparent about problems and potential problems.
- Appreciates the value of employee morale as a motivator.
- Effective coach and mentor.
- Highest level of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- A team player with a flexible “get it done” attitude
- Strong analytical and financial skills to develop and manage financial, operational and sales metrics.
- Specialized knowledge of commercial aerospace with proven success in exploring additional product lines and increasing company value.
- Proven general management and leadership experience with evidence of developing and executing strategy: increasing revenue and EBITDA: reporting to the Board
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Economics and Accounting – Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Law and Government – Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Sales and Marketing – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Personnel and Human Resources – Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Public Safety and Security – Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or a related field is preferred. MBA a plus, or equivalent business experience.
- Experience: Minimum of 10-15 years of management experience responsible for leading a top team in a general aviation market. Must have a strong sales and marketing forte. Former direct responsibility for budgets and P&L’s exceeding $15M in annual revenue.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office including proficiency in Word and Excel spreadsheet preparation.
Washington, United States
Executive, Operations / Management