Director of Sales
The Director of Sales is responsible for managing the internal sales team and maximizing sales opportunities to meet overall company objectives, ensuring a positive team environment through strong leadership.
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities:
- Manage activities of the inside sales team to effectively identify opportunities to enhance the Company’s position through maximizing sales and expanding existing business relationships to increase market share
- Ensure alignment of strategic goals and department goals to drive financial results
- Ensure monthly sales and budget goals are achieved through developing a highly effective sales team focused on growing and maximizing customer relationships.
- Responsible for the productivity and effectiveness of the sales team
- Responsible for continuous review/improvement of processes/procedures for department
- Responsible for providing information, analysis and reports to senior management
- Acts as Liaison with business unit managers regarding sales activity
- Assists in assessment of training and development needs for department staff
- Develops and maintains a team of motivated, productive and positive employees, including selecting, training, coaching, counselling, developing, evaluating, disciplining and terminating staff
- Maintain responsibility for financial controls including approvals of expense reports, sales orders, contracts and staff schedules
- Assist in developing annual sales budget targets
- Monitors daily sales activities to drive opportunities and ensure compliance with customer requirements as related to sales activities
- Manage overall customer communication to ensure consistency
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Analytical Skills: Recognizes patterns in data, information, or events; draws logical conclusions and making recommendations for action
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Takes a well-ordered approach to solving problems and making decisions.
- Goal Oriented: Ability to focus on a task and accomplish it, regardless of obstacles.
- Good Judgment: Forms an appropriate opinion about something and making balanced decisions about it in situations of uncertainty and complexity.
- Negotiation Ability: Obtains agreement on terms for the purchase/exchange of goods/services between parties with different objectives.
- Technical/Functional Expertise: Demonstrates broad, in-depth, and up-to-date knowledge of pertinent technical, business and professional fields
- Learning from Experience: Reflects on one’s own experience and results, and the experience and results of others, in order to learn from them for the future.
- Initiative: Acts with little or no supervision/guidance; is pro-active in taking responsibility for identifying and dealing with problems or taking opportunities
- Motivation: A concern for working well and for measuring oneself against a standard of excellence. This involves persistence, focus and energy in pursuing desired goals.
- Networking: Uses business focused communication, information exchange, and organizational interaction. Works as a part of an overall team, and optimizes synergies in organization, processes, systems and people without needing to “own” them.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- College graduate and business or technical degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ experience in airline, OEM, or MRO shop with comprehensive knowledge of ATA chapters
- 3 – 5 years’ managerial experience defining, mentoring, and growing a productive sales team
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Proven ability to motivate a team and drive desired results
- Proven ability to develop positive relationships and have strong communication with customers, vendors, and internal stakeholders
- Ability to handle various types of projects and articulate business opportunities
- Proficiency with MS Office, knowledge of SAP a plus
Florida, United States