Engine Mechanic (GE 129) OM Level Technician – ICS Program (F-15 SA)
- Perform work involving the assembly of aircraft engines, engine assemblies, and accessories.
- Assemble major components and accessories in accordance with appropriate technical data, and applicable policies, regulations, and procedures, so that only minor discrepancies are noted during quality review.
- Assemble aircraft engines in accordance with appropriate technical data, and applicable policies, regulations, and procedures, so that only minor discrepancies are noted during quality review.
- Prior to assembly, determine final condition and necessary disposition of parts or components using appropriate tools, test equipment, regulations, technical orders and/or maintenance operating instructions.
- Modify and adjust parts, components, accessories, etc.
- Make prescribed modifications and final adjustments of a complete engine, to include minor repair or replacement of attached electrical, pneumatic, and fuel subsystems, engine controls, and instrumentation as prescribed by work specifications and technical orders within established time frames.
- Resolve most problems independently.
- Plan/prioritize work so it is performed in the most efficient and economical manner to meet established aircraft schedules and/or labor standards on complex job assignments.
- Perform work related to troubleshooting malfunctioning engines. Accurately determine engine acceptability from thrust, fuel consumption, and temperature readings and computations.
- Diagnose problems causing engine malfunctions through visual observation or by disassembling and measuring parts for deviation from specifications without undue delay determining methods of repair in accordance with applicable technical requirements.
- Troubleshoot malfunctioning engines, diagnosing probable cause of malfunction by studying the nature and extent of failure, with consideration of the total engine system, without undue delay determining methods of repair in accordance with applicable technical requirements
- Disassemble/Install aircraft engines, engine components and accessories in accordance with appropriate technical data, and applicable policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Accomplish disassembly in proper sequence, watching for problem areas, and accurately estimates the serviceability of disassembled parts
- Appropriately route parts or components for repair or salvage.
- Utilize safety practices and procedures.
- Perform assigned work in a safe manner, applying established safety rules and regulations resulting in few, if any, minor violations and no major violations due to employee error or negligence
- Perform all other responsibilities assigned by Specialist Supervisor
7 years of experience (must be USAF 5 or 7 Level)
Khamis, Saudi Arabia, Middle East