Engineering Manager, Stability & Control
Location: Washington State, USA and Japan, Asia
The primary work location will be in Japan. However, engineers maybe requested to relocate to Washington State, USA where aircraft flight testing is performed and may also be requested to travel to systems supplier sites to promote the Stability & Control/ Performance/ Loads and Dynamics contract. Basic work scope is to lead the development and finalization of the aircraft design, compliant to all applicable requirements. The responsible Engineer will work the activities of the Stability & Control/ Performance/ Loads and Dynamics Integration Systems. This will include interfacing with all other aircraft functions and engineering teams to coordinate and obtain the approval of any task assigned contributing to the aircraft Stability & Control/ Performance/ Loads and Dynamics development and Certification.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering Technical Aviation with 5 years. aviation related experience, or
5+ years in an aviation engineering organization Aerospace or Aircraft Systems Engineering.
- Have experience in implementation/preparation of Certification Plan for FAA/EASA
- Pick up and collect the expected failure case to assure safety
- Set up the MoC (Means of Compliance)
- An investigation by an analysis/simulator
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to utilize interpersonal and communication techniques, working in a team environment, dealing with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles
- Needs the ability to develop, plan and implement short and long term goal
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multi-cultural and an international working environment in the Japan Headquarters.
- Ability to adapt to change
- Japanese Language skills are not required
- In depth understanding of 14CFR FAR25.109 and FAR25.125.
- In depth understanding of aircraft performance evaluation and application to 14CFR FAR25.1309 including compliance showing.
- Performance evaluation includes planning of analysis/simulator test/flight test and evaluation of the results.
- Knowledge of evaluation of flight performance.
Stability & Control:
- Knowledge of aircraft thoroughly as well as a flight control system.
- In depth understanding of aircraft handling quality evaluation and application to 14CFR FAR25.671 and FAR25.1309 including compliance showing.
- Handling quality evaluation includes planning of analysis/simulator test/flight test and evaluation of the results.
Loads and Dynamics:
- In depth understanding of external load/flutter evaluation and application to CS25.302
- Interaction of Systems and Structure including compliance showing.
- Knowledge of system safety analysis and external load/flutter evaluation.
Engineer, Operations / Management