Engineering/Quality Assurance Manager
Basic Function: This position is responsible for overall operation of Engineering and Quality Assurance functions, ensuring growth and profitability of the Company in line with established financial objectives. Support other managers in an effort to attain divisional goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the WFR Quality System, enforcing the requirements of the Corporate Quality Manual and ensuring the system is not compromised when in conflict with other immediate interests.
- Management representative for ISO9002.
- Ensure the quality of products meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Supervise and oversee activities of Chief Inspector, Engineering and Quality Supervisors.
- Interface with customer and FAA representatives on quality and engineering issues.
- Provide technical direction to manufacturing for special processes.
- Conduct quarterly management reviews of the quality systems.
- Ensure the department is operated in accordance with existing corporate and plant policies and complies with applicable laws and regulations.
- Develop department strategies consistent with the long range plans of the plant and corporation.
- Develop annual LRP and yearly budgets; develops strategies to ensure attainment of financial objectives.
- Determine manpower needs and staffs accordingly; ensure periodic appraisal of each employee’s performance.
- Ensure employee development through directed training, performance feedback and career counseling.
- Discharge day-to-day duties and responsibilities in such a fashion as to maintain harmonious employee relations at all times working toward the Company’s commitment to remain union–free through the avoidance of third‑party intervention.
- Responsible for the completion of other tasks related to this position as they are assigned by cognizant management personnel.
- Comply with the company work rules, follow safe work practices and procedures established to protect the environment, and report all unsafe acts, hazardous conditions, and conditions which impact or have the potential to impact the environment.
- In all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government, the incumbent of this position is responsible for full compliance with the “Company Policy Statement on Business Ethics and Conduct in Contracting with the United States Government” and the Company Code of Ethics, including ensuring staff are aware of the Policy and their individual responsibility and accountability for their own actions in complying with this policy.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering or technical discipline
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in industry
- Strong supervisory/managerial background
- Strong background in manufacturing and engineering with the ability to structure effective systems supported by well‑directed and strongly supported teams.
Aviation Maintenance, Engineer, Operations / Management