Manager, Dispatch & Flight Data Performance
- Responsible to the Dispatch Manager for ensuring that day-to-day operations regarding aircraft performance and flight planning are in compliance with regulatory and company requirements
- Take leadership responsibility for large, new and continuing SOC projects such as fuel tinkering, cost index usage and aircraft performance monitoring. Administer these projects from start to finish.
- Primary responsible party for day-to-day execution of aircraft performance and weight & balance programs.
- Provide on-going support to Marketing/Planning department by providing payload/range capability of the fleet that management can use for strategic market evaluations and market planning.
- Identify, evaluate and assist in managing operational changes/improvements to SOC and Flight Operations procedures, policies and processes that will reduce expense, improve the operation, and guarantee ongoing regulatory compliance.
- Provide technical input and expertise regarding proposed and future regulations and FAA guidance impacting Frontier Dispatch.
- Calculate weight changes and reweighs for the Company fleet; update the appropriate systems and manuals as required.
- Act as the airline’s focal point with the AeroData aircraft performance vendor.
- Support development and maintenance of performance data for the flight planning system.
- Monitor aircraft performance characteristics (i.e. fuel mileage degradation).
- Monitor fuel tankering/cost index initiatives.
- Provide technical analysis regarding proposed and future modifications that impact performance capability of the aircraft.
- Serve as the SOC liaison for all company Charter operations.
- Serve as an SOC Manager or Dispatch Instructor as needed, once qualified.
- Provide on-going support to Operations/Marketing/Planning by providing aircraft performance data that management can use for aircraft valuation purposes.
- Set goals and priorities consistent with departmental needs.
- Monitor work processes relative to goals; provide measurement as required.
- Obtain and maintain working knowledge of aircraft performance.
- Monitor changes in regulations and FAA guidance that affect Company Dispatch and Flight Operations; implement as required.
- Serve as a source for aircraft performance information.
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S Aeronautical Science, Aeronautical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering Technology, Aviation Management, or equivalent experience in technical aviation-related field.
- FAA Aircraft Dispatcher certificate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detailed knowledge of Part 121 Federal Aviation Regulations, especially those relating dispatch.
- Detailed knowledge of Part 25 as it related to aircraft performance.
- Detailed knowledge of jet performance, navigation and weight and balance.
- Detailed knowledge of aeronautical navigation charts and terms.
- Prior experience in working with flight planning systems and aviation service vendors
Colorado, United States
Aviation Maintenance, Operations / Management