Location: New York, USA
Responsible for evaluating existing processes, develop new processes and configuring manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices within the production process.
• Maintain Operation of 24/7 Direct Metal Deposition process cell. Focus on safe, efficient, reliable and consistent operation of production and plant equipment to insure production.
• Develop, implement, and document best practice procedures designed to facilitate the determination and reporting of process parameters throughout the setup phase of production scheduling to assure process reliability.
• Updating procedures, electronics, and systems as the technology center develops new methods and techniques to increase deposition rates, quality, or cost.
• Identifies equipment and process challenges through routine checks, and monitoring of production KPI’s, and implement corrective actions
• Drive continuous improvement and establish process standards and best work practices.
• Manage problem solving and improvement work
• Provide advice, knowledge transfer, and troubleshooting support to operators and technical staff from process-level understanding to parameterization
• Training of technical staff and operators
• Recommends designs for special equipment and take part in product and process research and development programs.
• Working with vendors to design and trial improved parts for equipment.
• Carry out company supportive tasks given by manager
• Support company policies on HES and Quality
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Education on BS level or higher within the fields of electric / automation / mechanical / production
• Experience from industrial process improvement work
• Experience from continuous production
• Knowledge and experiences of Lean manufacturing
• Experience from qualification of technology (TRL)
• Experience from technology start-up companies