North Carolina, United States
Avionics Technician – in Wilmington, NC
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Position Title: Avionics Technician
Employment Location: Wilmington, NC
The Avionics Technician performs harness builds, terminations, installations, inspection, testing, troubleshooting, repairing, removal and replacement of aircraft instrument and avionics components and systems using all tools and test equipment to meet manufacturer’s specifications, FAR’s, industry standards in a safe and organized work area.
Garmin experience highly preferred.
Piston aircraft experience required (Cessna, Cirrus, Diamond, Piper, Mooney, Beech, etc.). King Air, Gulfstream, Falcon, Citation & other corporate aircraft experience highly preferred.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Perform inspections, testing, troubleshooting, repairs of avionics and electrical systems.
- Perform removal and replacements of aircraft instrument, avionics components and electrical systems using tools and test equipment to meet manufacturer’s specifications, Federal Aviation Regulations, and industry standards.
- Perform wire harness builds and terminations.
- Ensure consistent, accurate aircraft maintenance records by properly documenting & completing required forms, computer entries, and logbook entries.
- Follow all company policies, procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner.
- Punctual to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED plus relevant certifications required at the minimum.
- Experience working under a FAR 145 repairmen’s certificate or similar experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of General Aviation and/or corporate aircraft maintenance experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal Aviation Regulations and manufacturer manuals.
- Possess adequate tools.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Eligible to obtain airport security badge.
- Active and current FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Mechanics License strongly preferred.
- Experience on King Air, Cessna Citation, Dassault Falcon, Embraer Phenom, Embraer Praetor, Gulfstream, Hawker and King Air aircraft strongly preferred.
- FCC GROL and Ship Radar license strongly preferred.
- Garmin experience strongly preferred.
- Avidyne experience strongly preferred.
Benefits: 401K with company match, Medical, Dental, vision insurance, paid holidays, and paid time off.
Must be willing to work unscheduled overtime, nonscheduled work-days and holidays as needed as well as rotating AOG/On call coverage for part 91, part 121, part 135 operators.
MUST be able to pass a 10 year federal background check in order to obtain an airport security badge
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
North Carolina, United States