Test Engineer (QA) – Remote
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Title: Test Engineer (Analyst/Quality Assurance)
Work Location: Remote (see COVID-19 procedures below**)
**COVID-19 Procedures: On-boarding will require 1-2 visits to Patuxent River, MD. Training will be virtual and telework maximized/permitted to the greatest extent possible, however training/tasking may require on-site work a few hours per week. Future on-site/telework requirements/schedules may change as additional client direction is received.
As a covered government contractor, proof of COVID-19 Vaccination must be provided, except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to a medical or religious accommodation as outlined in The Safer Federal Workforce Task Force: Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontracts.
- Understanding and experience with Agile development methodologies
- Reviews requirements documentation to ensure requirements are testable
- Use requirements and design documentation to develop Feature Files and manual test scenarios
- Develop data for Feature Files
- Use Feature Files and automated testing tools to perform automated testing
- Use manual test scenarios for non-automated testing
- Document and report defects in the software development management tool (JIRA)
- Performs data search and analysis
- Assist team with Enterprise Acceptance Testing (EAT) process and product rollout into production, making recommendations of solutions and improvements
- Ensure project standards and procedures exist, are fully documented and followed throughout the software development life cycle; makes recommendations for enhanced documentation
- Documents findings and performs root cause analyses to provide recommended improvements. Independently recommends solutions and improvements to existing standards and procedures; collaborates with other areas in technology to develop new standards and procedures
- Generating reports for management reporting
- Ability to react to changing priorities
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3 – 5 years of experience in building and maintaining test in automated testing environments
- Background in Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience testing interfaces and APIs for functionality, performance, and reliability
- Experience using automation tools (e.g., Selenium) and scripting languages for automated test case development
- Familiarity with automated testing methodologies (TDD, BDD)
- Experience with performance testing activities (Load Testing, Stress Testing)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Support daily stand-up meetings
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Experience with deployment of applications within the NAVAIR hosting environments
- Secret Clearance
- Must be eligible to obtain a Secret clearance with SSBI. Requirements to obtain a clearance include US Citizenship, security investigation, etc.
BS or BA degree (Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, Mathematics, Management or Relevant Technical Discipline) and 8 years related experience OR AS or AA degree and 12 years related experience.