NOTE: THIS IS A SHORT TERM (5-WEEK) POSITION, WITH OPTION TO EXTEND TO FULL TIME
This position requires a minimum of ten (10) years of aircraft maintenance experience with at least four (4) years of direct aviation flight line operations management. Must have experience maintaining complex, multi-engine, large body, fixed wing aircraft.
Two (2) of the last five (5) years of experience must be with the Boeing 737 series aircraft.
The Lead Mechanic directs and coordinates all site maintenance activities and supervisory functions in support of the JPATS 737 Aircraft Program. This includes personnel engaged in the repair, maintenance, modification and overall airworthiness of the program’s Boeing 737 series aircraft.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops and implements policies and procedures related to site security, maintenance, quality, ground operations, training and safety.
2. Coordinates all scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance requirements.
3. Ensures that all required data is put into the Maintenance Information Management System.
4. Compiles and/or generates all program required Site reports.
5. Establishes and implements work-shifts that will meet the Site’s flight schedule requirements and provides a safe, supportive and cooperative work environment.
6. Plans, develops and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs and effect greater utilization of labor, parts and materials.
7. Directs training and orientation of Employees to improve performance and educate Employees with company policies, procedures and Cornerstone Principles.
8. Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of aircraft maintenance documentation to include, records, reports, etc.
9. Ensures a safe work environment for all Site Employees.
Software: Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Excel; Automated Weight and Balance System; Aviation Management Information Systems.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
A&P Mechanics license and IA certification. Working knowledge of 14 CFR Parts 21, 25, 33, 39, 43, 91, 121, and 145.
SECRET Level government security clearance or the ability to get a secret clearance
Must be able to travel and / or deploy at relatively short notice