Colorado, United States
Aerospace/Aircraft Mechanical Engineering Manager
PLEASE NOTE: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Manage and oversee the Project Engineers in the design and integration of various FAA and DOD systems to meet all QCD metrics, with emphasis on “First-Time” right and on time. Responsible for estimating the overall headcount and engineering schedule requirements in supporting of the estimating activity for new programs/projects. Responsible for defining and supporting continuous improvement / lean methodology and initiatives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage PE’s, to provide technical leadership to commercial and military projects to assure project compliance with budget, schedule, requirements, and performance. This includes ultimate responsibility for delivery of the entire project on time, to budget, within agreed time frame.
- Define and manage the processes and tools to provide communication to internal customers, including ESOW, schedule, estimates, quotes, and financial tracking. Maintain capacity loading through use of engineering developed tracking tools.
- Responsible for the development of technical quotes as required through the New Product Introduction (NPI) process.
- Coordinate project resources within the appropriate engineering functional areas to support project execution.
- Develop departmental personnel to allow for growth and continued product/process improvement
- Responsible for tracking all certification (ODA, FAA, or DOD) elements required to complete the project.
- Lead and motivate team members, to ensure timely problem solving and schedule adherence. Mentor other less experienced project engineering personnel.
- Support company driven Continuous Improvement (CI) and Lean initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
Additional Job Requirements
- Regular scheduled attendance
- Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling – 1%
- Directly supervises employees in the Engineering department. Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, selecting, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems. For Exempt Managers: Managers that carry out these responsibilities for two or more employees will have significant input in hiring and termination decisions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Company will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Mechanical, Aeronautical, Aerospace, or related engineering field from four-year college or university; and seven or more years’ related industry experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional Engineer and/or Master’s degree (M.A.) in Mechanical, Aeronautical, Aerospace or related engineering field preferred
- 7-10 years project/program management experience
- 7-10 years previous experience in project management, design, analysis and certification of aircraft systems working with engineering staffs of military and civilian aircraft manufacturers
- Analysis, design, and development experience in aviation field preferred
- Strong knowledge and understanding of design process and manufacturing processes
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand business situations, strategies, theory, processes, management, budgeting, and operations
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, works in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects, and has a strong attention for detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be a team player with a professional attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of collaboration at all levels
- Experience with CAD software (Solid Works /Auto Cad preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Colorado, United States
Engineer, Operations / Management