Works under the direction of the Production Supervisor, or designee, with a minimum of supervision. Assembles aircraft structural details, subassemblies, and/or assemblies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Working from complicated drawings, specifications and charts, assembles or disassembles a wide variety of moderately complex aircraft mechanical and/or structural details, subassemblies and/or assemblies, including those related to safety of flight, to required standards.
· Must be able to effectively use hand power tools and precision measuring instruments common to the craft.
· Maintains familiarity with company/customer blueprints, technical drawings, specifications, etc.
· Maintain records, data, logs, etc as necessary or required.
· Detects and report any unusual circumstances and/or defective material or tooling.
· Makes recommendations and participates as directed in the implementation of continuous process improvements.
· Install various types of fasteners.
· Drill close tolerance holes through various thicknesses and material, including aluminum, titanium, composites and steel.
· Setup and use counter sink cutters and cages.
· Mix and apply various sealants and adhesives.
· Able to read 2D drawings.
· Remove and replace hardware.
· May assist in training of new or lower level employees.
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. High school diploma or GED required.
2. Read and write English fluently.
3. Ability to effectively use intermediate shop math.
4. Ability to use hand/power tools, hand squeeze, pneumatic drills, rivet guns, floor squeeze, common to the manufacture of aircraft sheet metal and structural parts.
5. Ability to use complex assembly fixtures.
6. Ability to mix and apply adhesives and sealants.
7. Ability to drill close tolerance holes.
8. Ability to perform electrical bonding.
9. Must be able to apply torque to screws and bolts.
10. Ability to layout hole locations and hand locate parts.
11. Ability to use precision measuring instruments, such as scales and calipers.
12. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, specifications, charts and tables.
13. Minimum of 3 years of aircraft structures experience required.
· Ability to perform click bonding.
· Ability to apply cold hole working.
· Ability to perform dimpling (hot and cold).
· Ability to help provide skills training to and proper guidance to others as assigned.
· Ability to read 3-D drawings.