Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Aerospace Manufacturing – Engineering Manager
Work under the administrative direction of the Director of Engineering. Responsible for the technical and administrative leadership of multiple departments. Highly knowledgeable in planning, organizing and directing of departmental work activity to support company business objectives. Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate plans and processes to implement solutions to engineering problems that address all program technical, cost and schedule.
- Is responsible for maintaining and allocating personnel resources to programs, other departments or other business groups.
- Manage a technical team in executing the program plan to ensure all work is completed within cost schedule.
- Delegate work assignments, provide effective coaching and technical guidance of directs, and communicate, as necessary, with all levels of management, customers and subcontractors on the program team.
- Manage vendor statement of work (SOW) deliverables.
- Generate department(s) goals and objectives that align with those of the company.
- Conduct, at a minimum, an annual review with employees to review/evaluate performance on current goals and objectives; manage the employees’ development and training plan.
- Implement and manage a risk management process in support of program goals and company business objectives.
- Prepare proposals and act as principal investigator and/or program manager on engineering projects.
- Provide technical briefings and design reviews to management and customers; submit periodic progress reports.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with subordinates and higher levels of management.
- Assist in the preparation of program cost and schedule planning and departmental manpower planning budgets.
- Prepare and implement departmental training plans consistent with company business objectives.
- Manage other departments for a short-term duration, as required.
- Possesses knowledge and proficiency in the following CAD/CAM systems including: CATIA, UG, MasterCAM, SurfCAM, DNC environments, MRP, HMS CAPP, LEICA/FARO non-contact measurement, Tool Design for detail and assembly applications, and Visual work instruction generation.
- Evaluate, technically and financially, existing and future technologies to support business profitability.
- Employ lean engineering principles. Interface with contacts in government and in industry to develop new projects, programs; create and nurture technical collaborations in support of new business development.
- Interface with the legal department on patents, infringements, non-disclosure agreement.
- Perform accident investigations per National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) guidelines and specifications, as assigned.
- Act as an FAA Designated Engineering Representative (DER) as directed by company management in accordance with FAA order 8110.39.
- Have ability to obtain/maintain security clearance, as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field.
- 10 to 15 years of progressive experience in the applicable engineering field, including at least 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Broad knowledge of an advanced and technically specialized field such as Aerospace, Manufacturing, and Mechanical Engineering.
- 1 to 2 years graduate level work leading to a Master’s degree or equivalent learning experience, preferable.
- Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities in the following areas:
- CAD/CAM Design
- NC Programming
- Tool Design
- Manufacturing Execution System
- Work Instruction (graphics based)
- Configuration Management
- Liaison Engineering
- Material Review Board
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Aviation Maintenance, Operations / Management