Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Aerospace Manufacturing – Process Engineer / Fabrication
Working under the direction of the Supervisor of Manufacturing Engineering with a minimum of supervision. Responsible for supporting fabrication of sheet metal and extrusion details. Knowledge to include MRP systems, BOM, aerospace fabrication processes, outside processing, and manufacturing process plans for sheet metal and extrusion details. Computer aided design and CNC programming knowledge preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of sheet metal and extrusion fabrication processes. Processes include but not limited to; Routing, Punching, Brake Form, Hydro Form, Contour Form, Stretch Form, Milling, Hand Rout, Trimming, Deburring, Heat Treat and age.
- Knowledge of required tooling for previously stated processes.
- Development and implementation of manufacturing process plans for new and current programs to achieve cost reduction, quality, and delivery schedule requirements.
- Ability to interpret customer supplied 2D and 3D model engineering and specifications.
- Ability to interpret/interrogate 3D model data.
- New business proposals: Prepare the preparation of materials and processes portion of new business proposals submitted to customers. Specify material processes consistent with customer or MIL specifications required to implement the proposal. May require interaction with various functional groups including: customer representative, Industrial engineering, manufacturing engineering, Quality, Cost estimating, Procurement, and Contracts to ensure compliance to customers’ request.
- New business implementation: Prepare process preplans and proceed to specification and justification. Implement new processing facilities as required to assure conformance to contract and delivery requirements. Drive to meet cost, schedule, and quality requirements.
- Requirements include: Specification of production processes, Creation of vendor instructions, Definition of tooling requirements, Prepare tool orders, Configuration and process tolerances that affect producibility, cost, and schedule.
- Provide sustaining support to production to assure costs do not exceed budget and maintain schedule.
- Conduct producibility studies to evaluate production process reliability and provide recommendations.
- Perform make vs. buy analysis and provide recommendations.
- Assist procurement with proper documentation; engineering, specification, process plan, engineering related questions/issues to maintain engineering configuration.
- Assist quality with engineering issues, non-conformances, and engineering interpretation.
- Basic understanding of AS9102 and the first article inspection process.
- Trouble shoots problem parts and/or part families. Recommends Cause and corrective action. Maintains configuration control in accordance with recognized standard operating procedures.
- Reviews existing procedures annually, implements procedural improvements, additions, and corrections as necessary.
- Review production operating processes and revise as necessary.
- May be asked to provide leadership, guidance and/or training to lower level personnel.
- Preferred CAD knowledge; Siemens NX and/or Catia. AutoCAD and/or ExpertCAD.
- Preferred CAM knowledge; MasterCam and/or ExpertCam
- Involved and supports Lean activities and continuous improvement.
- Maintain and improve company’s competitive position by identifying and implementing improvements.
- Must maintain highest level of professionalism and quality.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- B.S. Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- 10 years’ experience of sheet metal and extrusion fabrication utilizing aerospace processes and procedures.
- Ability to interrogate 3D models utilizing Siemens NX or CATIA V5.
- Ability to read complex blueprints, technical drawings, bills of material, assembly instructions utilized to build units, assemblies, and/or machine parts.
- Broad knowledge of a general technical field such as Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial engineering.
- General use of computer skills utilizing CAD/CAM software and Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team/collaborative environment.
Typical Software Utilized:
ExpertCAD / ExpertCAM
Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Aviation Maintenance, Operations / Management