Duties and Responsibilities
The Sr. Manager of Business Development will be responsible for:
• Identification of relevant and appropriate long-term & near-term business opportunities that align with the strategy of the Aerostructures business unit.
• Developing and managing the sales pipeline of opportunities to win business at a cadence the organization can support.
• Capturing and understanding “voice of the customer” up to the first tier management levels by having direct interactions with these customers.
• Shaping customer requirements, identifying the customer’s most important requirements, developing win strategies and to provide price-to-win and competitive assessment for relevant pursuits.
• Developing long and short-term strategies and translating them into tactics to win new business.
• Working as the capture team/proposal manager to develop winning proposals that fully comply with the requirements of the RFP and are submitted on-time. Developing differentiating alternative proposals as appropriate.
• Working & collaborating with outside Marketing Representatives who work on behalf of the company to increase sales
• Participating in negotiations of terms/conditions, pricing, technical requirements, SOW… with the customer.
• Coaching and modeling expected behaviors to the sales force and others involved in marketing, including writing proposals, bid and proposal procedures, and customer presentations.
• Ensuring timely execution of objectives, projects and priorities while following established procedures and schedules.
• Providing periodic written updates and conducting periodic sales reviews with Senior Management.
• Developing and meeting growth plans and commitments.
• Developing and maintaining marketing materials.
• Building upon existing relationships with domestic and international customers and cultivating relationships with new customers.
• Additional functions as required
• A minimum of 10 years of aerospace business development experience with a variety of OEM and Tier 1 customers.
• A proven track record of winning profitable new programs with values in excess of $10m
• Excellent relationships with key leadership individuals at leading aircraft and engine OEMs and their Tier 1s.
• Experience leading successful pursuit efforts involving cross functional teams.
• Must be positively persuasive with customers, management and co-workers.
• Very comfortable in dealing with highly technical products and in business and commercial meetings and environments.
• Ability to engage effectively across all layers and functions within the organization and at the customer.
• Full knowledge, understanding and experience of USG and FMS program/contracting processes and acquisition/sustainment strategies.
• Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication and collaboration skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook).
• U.S citizenship required.
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
• Up to 50% travel is required at times. Some international travel may be required.
• Experience with aerospace composites (variety of manufacturing methods), metal forming, metal bonding and associated higher level assemblies highly desired.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) required, MBA preferred; a minimum of 10 years of aerospace Business Development experience with a variety of OEM and Tier 1 customers. Experienced in Structures, Composites, and sub-assemblies.