AIRCRAFT FOLLOWER / FLIGHT CONTROL AGENT
PLEASE NOTE: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
The Flight Control Agent performs job functions by application of 14CFR §91, §119 and §121, and company and departmental policies to expedite and ensure safety of flight.
- Directly responsible for Operational Control of company aircraft according to FAR’s and Company procedures via chain of command through Director of Flight Operations.
- Plan each flight departure with the primary emphasis on safety, compliance, and schedule continuity.
- Analyzes and evaluates information regarding weather and airport conditions in order to anticipate changes that may affect aircraft operations.
- Computes fuel requirements according to type of aircraft, distance, weather conditions, destination alternates(s) and FARs.
- Prepares flight plans and signs flight releases containing such information as maximum allowable takeoff and landing weights, weather reports, field conditions, METARs, TAFs, NOTAMs, PIREPs, and other information required for the safe completion of the flight.
- Assist the pilot in command of an aircraft with an emergency situation by providing any assistance necessary to ensure safe completion of the flight.
- Monitor the progress of each flight under Operational Control to ensure release compliance and update flight crew of significant changes to weather or flight plan and recommends alternative means in the interest of safety as needed.
- Authorized to delay or divert a flight if unsafe conditions pose a threat to the safety of the crew members, aircraft, cargo or flight.
- Must be able to work a schedule accommodating a 24/7 operation with minimal supervision.
- Professionalism, accuracy, and excellent communication skills required.
- Contribute to a positive and productive work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Must have a current U.S. FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate issued by the Department of Transportation
- Must be at least 23 years of age per Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs.)
- Two year’s aircraft dispatch experience preferred.
- ETOPS experience preferred.
- International aircraft dispatching experience preferred.
- Must have ability to maintain competency.
- Must be able to prioritize and be proactive in a fast-paced changing environment
- Need strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact productively with varied stakeholders.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables.
- Must be proficient in a computer-based environment including Windows and web browsers.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test, criminal background check, and TSA security threat assessment.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- This role has a high-level of communication with flight crews, other members of the Systems Operations Control Center (SOCC) and other stakeholders.
- Ability to read and interpret a variety of technical information furnished in written, oral, mathematical and diagram form. This may include government regulations, company policies, etc.
- Draft routine business correspondence and reports.
Operations / Management