Install / Remove / Inspect aircraft hydraulic system, tubing, and components for modification and to facilitate other maintenance or for repair actions. Perform on-aircraft functional / operational checks to ensure hydraulic system serviceability. Troubleshoot hydraulic system malfunctions and affect repairs.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Install / Remove aircraft hydraulic system, tubes, and components for modification and to Facilitate Other Maintenance (FOM) or for repair action.
2. Perform troubleshooting, repairs, functional / operational checks, and on-equipment Dash-6 inspection requirements.
3. Perform phase, scheduled, unscheduled, periodic, and other hourly or calendar inspections.
4. Requisitions repair parts, materials, and consumable supplies through supply system.
5. Performs general housekeeping and FOD prevention duties.
6. Maintains effective working relationship with other employees.
7. Read and comprehend drawings, schematic diagrams, technical manuals, and Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTOs).
8. May be required to support other technical specialist outside of primary technical field, in support of program objectives and goals.
9. Responsible for maintaining accurate time accounting of work performed in real-time. Report any time discrepancies to supervisors.
10. Knowledgeable of occupational hazards and safety precautions and be able and willing to coach others in complying with program policies and procedures.
11. Reports any and all potential safety hazards, incidents, accidents, and other program concerns to supervisor. Wears program identified personal protective equipment.
12. Perform additional duties as directed by supervisor.
Qualifications / Licenses
– High school diploma or equivalent.
– Completion of formal technical school.
– Minimum seven (7) years fighter / tactical on-aircraft hydraulic system maintenance experience.
– Must possess computer skills (e.g. Microsoft excel, word, etc.) and be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.