Arizona, United States
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires that the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for sponsorship!
The company helps pilots bring everyone home safely. We don’t just say that; it is our primary focus every day. We are an ambitious team on a mission to change flight training for the better, worldwide. To be upfront, the company is not for everyone. We hold ourselves to a higher standard than most. We strive for excellence, believing in people and their ability to constantly improve and realize potential. To thrive here you’ll need passion, hustle, humility, and comfort with the ongoing evolution of a fast-growing company. There will be hard work and incredible challenges, but we’ll face them together with optimism. While we ask a lot of you, you will receive a lot in return: a rewarding career, unrivaled personal growth opportunities, and the deep satisfaction that your efforts help save lives.
A&P Mechanic to maintain high-performance aerobatic aircraft (Extra 300L and S211 jet) and interact professionally with corporate training clients from around the world. Steady, long-term position with exciting growth opportunities in a small, family-friendly, business environment. Fast-paced company focused on excellence in a unique, growing industry.
Applicants MUST have an A&P license, preferably an IA certification. Ideal applicants will have over 3 years recent GA aircraft maintenance experience in a repair station environment as well as experience in working on piston engine aircraft (Lycoming Engines preferred). Must be extremely safety conscious with a “can-do” attitude and a high standard of professionalism, reliability and accountability. Must be physically fit and willing to work outside as necessary during all seasons. An ideal candidate will have an outgoing personality with emphasis on teamwork, customer satisfaction and company growth. Calls for excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors. Professional appearance and demeanor are essential.
- Schedule will require irregular hours and shifts to keep aircraft operational
- DOT drug and alcohol testing required
- Training will be conducted in Mesa, AZ and will take approximately 3 weeks
Maintenance Responsibilities include:
- Must have own tools
- Aircraft servicing (fuel, oil, cockpits, cleaning inside and outside, detailing)
- Scheduled maintenance (25, 50 and 100 hr. inspections)
- Oil and filter changes
- Tire changes, brake servicing
- Avionics troubleshooting
- Familiarization with regulatory compliance such as FAR’s and airworthiness standards
- Additional non-routine work and skill requirements to include composite work, sheet metal, fabric repair, paint touch up, engine changes, magneto overhaul and welding
- Ability to follow manufacturer recommendations and company policies/safety protocols
Client Interaction Responsibilities include:
- Welcome and direct clients (ensure registration is complete, take photos, set up videos)
- Ensure customer safety on ramp and near aircraft
- Strap Clients in aircraft (Secure parachutes and harnesses)
- Prep aircraft before and after each flight (fuel, oil, cockpits, cleaning inside and outside, detailing)
- Verify passenger safety information
- Perform additional duties assigned by management
- Maintain the highest levels of customer service and excellence at all times
- Ability to assist in pushing out 1400 lb. aircraft
- Daily multiple trips up & down stairs
- High heat tolerance for outside work
As a full-time employee you will be eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement Program. The company is an equal-opportunity employer.
Arizona, United States