A&P Mechanic – General Aviation
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires that the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
Our client operates a fleet of Piper Pawnees, Cessna L-19’s and other single engine piston aircraft in South East Florida. The company also provides outside maintenance to various types of single and multi-engine piston aircraft. The company is looking for an experienced A&P Mechanic (IA Preferred) for the maintenance shop who can perform day-to-day maintenance activities servicing company-owned and customer aircraft.
The successful candidate will be responsible for line maintenance and performing aircraft inspections for both company-owned aircraft as well as customer/based aircraft. Candidates must have experience in general aviation (piston and some turboprop) maintenance operations and thorough knowledge of FAA regulations with regards to maintenance.
- A&P Mechanic (IA preferred) for general aviation (mostly piston aircraft) service center.
- Responsible for line maintenance, 100 hour and annual inspections of aircraft
- High school diploma or equivalent
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Mechanics Certificate
- FAA Inspection Authorization (IA) highly preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in an aircraft maintenance environment
- Tube and Fabric aircraft experience a plus
- General aviation piston engine experience
- Computer proficient
- Ability to read, understand, and use FAA approved maintenance manuals, illustrated parts catalogs, AD’s, Service Bulletins, inspection check lists, and other related maintenance documentation in order to effectively troubleshoot airframe, engine, avionics, electrical, and hydraulic systems
- Understand and properly complete company and regulatory paperwork
- Use proper time management to ensure aircraft will be returned to service according to schedule
- Exudes integrity, honesty, and respect for fellow employees
- A passion for aviation
- Team player, lateral thinker, problem solver with can do attitude
- A desire to self-improve and grow with the company
- Ability to multitask and manage/oversee multiple projects at one time