A&P Mechanics – Anchorage, AK
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
This position performs assigned maintenance on Company aircraft, engines, and engine components. All functions are completed with the highest regard for safety and adherence to all applicable policies and regulations. Contribute to a positive and team-oriented work environment.
Company mission is to provide safe, reliable aviation services for our customers and create a place for employees to build long-term careers. Employer services customers in Alaska, Florida, Hawaii, South America, and the Caribbean. The company has transported 64 million pounds of freight worldwide.
- Perform maintenance on Company aircraft, engines and aircraft components including but not limited to periodic aircraft service checks, aircraft line maintenance, servicing and dispatch.
- Aircraft and aircraft component overhaul, repair, disassemble, assemble and general maintenance.
- Perform all assigned maintenance duties in accordance with Company maintenance manuals, manufacturers’ maintenance manuals, service bulletins, Company policies and procedures and all applicable Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations.
- Notify the Lead Mechanic and/or Inspector whenever inspection is required before completion of an assigned task.
- Sign for and be held accountable for all work accomplished on company aircraft and components.
- Contribute to a positive and productive work environment.
- Be reliable and maintain regular attendance/punctuality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Must have an FAA A&P License
- College preferred
- Prefer experience with 737-300 and/or 400 aircraft
- Demonstrated ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and receive TSA clearance to operate in a secure area.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively within the Maintenance Department and with other stakeholders as needed.
- Most work is performed in the maintenance hangar or outdoor airline ramp.
- May be exposed to adverse weather conditions (cold and heat), wet surfaces and icy conditions.
- Will be working around stationary and moving aircraft and aircraft ground equipment
- Use of personal protective equipment may be required
- The employee must frequently move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or tools.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms (full range of motion); climb or balance; and stoop, kneel; crouch, or crawl.
- May be required to work in confined spaces for extended periods
- The employee must have the ability to climb and stand on ladders for up to two hours.
- The employee will need to see, speak and hear.