Virgina, United States
Assistant Director of Maintenance
Provide maintenance for general aviation customers of the company whether in private and corporately owned general aviation aircraft by maintaining, repairing, and overhauling aircraft and aircraft engines. Promote customer satisfaction by completing jobs on or before scheduled completion time and accommodating based aircraft and “walk-in” customers as work flow permits. Foster the team atmosphere by leading other technicians, daily communication with management team, along with accepting and completing tasks outside the scope of a mechanic’s routine as necessary for a small business to grow.
Duties: (including but not limited to)
- Conduct morning scheduled maintenance meetings, assigning tasks and being able to adjust to changes in daily demands.
- Maintain inter- and intradepartmental work flow by fostering a spirit of cooperativeness and communications. Complete log book entries and work orders accurately and timely.
- Manage workflow of multiple jobs and assist in parts ordering. Seek out resources to complete maintenance tasks safely and in a timely fashion.
- Report to Management at check in and check out times.
- Successfully pass Pre-Employment/Random drug screening, and background checks.
- Ensure safe operations of aircrafts by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; making repairs; maintaining equipment inventory; and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintain the stability and reputation of the company by being very familiar with and complying with Federal Aviation Administration and other legal requirements.
- Detect and diagnose malfunctions by examining engines for cracked cylinders and oil leaks; listening to the operating engine for abnormal sounds to detect sticking or burned valves; inspecting turbine blades to detect cracks or breaks; using testing equipment such as ignition analyzer, compression checker, distributor timer, and ammeter.
- Determine feasibility of, and method of, repair or replacement by studying and interpreting manufacturer’s and airline’s maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications.
- Repair, replace, and rebuild aircraft structures by safely using shop machinery, tools, and equipment, on wings, fuselage, and functional components, including rigging, surface controls, plumbing, and hydraulic units. Able to complete aircraft stripping, painting, trimming, and/or finding approved reasonable outsourcing for jobs.
- Repair and replace worn or damaged engines and system components by disassembling and inspecting parts for wear, warping, or other defects; reassembling, reinstalling, or installing parts; by safely using shop machinery tools, and equipment.
- Maintain aircrafts electrical and mechanical systems by adjusting, repairing, or replacing electrical wiring systems; flushing crankcase; cleaning screens; greasing moving parts; and checking brakes.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, regulations and timeframes.
- Document actions by completing production and quality logs in a litigable manner.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Keep maintenance equipment operational by following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures.
- Maintain maintenance supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; assist in placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying correct receipt of supplies and quantity.
- Conserve maintenance resources by safely using proper equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and as assigned that may not necessarily be mechanic related but are required to continue the growth of the company and present a professional and well-run image of the company. Assisting mechanics complete tasks.
Controls and Instrumentation, Quality Focus, Documentation Skills, Lifting, Attention to Detail, Mechanical Inspection Tools, Tooling, Power Tools, Manufacturing Experience, Manufacturing and Repair Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing and Repair Quality. Communicate with Management and Customers in a Professional Manner.
Virgina, United States