PLEASE NOTE: This position requires that the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for sponsorship!
General Summary: To effectively troubleshoot and repair with very little supervision all Avionics and Electrical equipment in a safe, efficient and high quality manner in order to achieve total customer satisfaction as measured by three customer success drivers: the product was delivered “on time, on budget and squawk free.”
Essential Job Functions:
1. Effectively troubleshoot and repair all Avionics equipment
2. Effectively troubleshoot and repair all electrical systems on aircraft
3. Communicate progress with Department Manager and Crew Chief on a regular basis
4. Insure all work performed is inspected by an authorized repair station inspector
5. Insure all paperwork is completed on a daily basis in a concise and legible manner
6. Communicate to the Department manager or Crew Chief any problems/repairs that cannot be completed within a reasonable period of time or where a problem is unresolved
7. Report any discrepancies noted to the Crew Chief as relates to company tooling/equipment
8. Learn, understand and follow the company work order and parts requisition process as written
9. Maintain a clean, neat, and efficient work area
10. Repair and calibrate shop equipment as assigned
11. Assist other departments as assigned
12. Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
• Five plus years’ experience working on and troubleshooting aircraft avionics and airframe systems.
• Must be experienced and knowledgeable with Garmin, Universal, and Honeywell equipment.
• Experience working with and repairing the following aircraft systems:
o Flight Management Systems
o Navigation and Communication Systems
o Aircraft Electrical Systems
o Pitot and Static Systems
o In-Flight Entertainment