Work Remotely, United States
Business Development Manager- Aftermarket Technical Sales
The company manufacturers highly engineered niche products for the aerospace, military and medical markets from our modern facility. This position is responsible for Lighting Technical Sales for the Commercial Aerospace and MRO markets. To actively participate in all aspects associated with the generation of order intake and sales in accordance with defined budgets. To actively participate in the generation of commercial or marketing orientated documentation as required. To consider and apply, day to day, the objectives of the department as well as policies of the organization as a whole. To actively participate in the administration of contracts as required, ensuring where possible, that customer requirements are met. Successful applicants will be driven and excel as part of a highly capable, high performance team. We value commitment, passion and out of the box creativity. The successful individual will be part of a close-knit group with full exposure and involvement in all aspects of the company.
- Create strategic market plans for selling of products (short term/long term).
- Sells products to comply with the company’s sales goals and profitability, i.e. Revenue, EBITDA, and cash flow.
- Identifies current and future customer product requirements by establishing personal rapport with customers and to understand the market and their requirements.
- Establishes new accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales calls & meetings.
- Creates and submits technical data packages to obtain customer part approvals.
- Increase revenue base through maintenance and expansion of sales with new and existing products, new and existing customers, and by managing the sales activities of assigned company Aftermarket Sales Managers and the Authorized Distributors.
- Recommends changes in products, service, evaluating results and competitive developments.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science preferred or 10 plus years equivalent technical sales experience in the Commercial Aviation market.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): Not applicable
- Technical Sales in the commercial aerospace and MRO markets a necessity. Prefer a technical or engineering background with products that are not commodity based.
- Commercial aviation distribution sales and management experience a plus.
- Knowledge and appreciation for business financials, including securing future orders, cash flow, and revenue generation.
- Experience using an online CRM and disciplined BD/Sales milestone methodology.
- Relevant qualification/experience.
- Extensive business development and sales experience preferably from a technical background in a related field
- FAA/EASA part approval experience a plus
- Commercial aviation part sales experience
- Proficient with MS Office Experience
- High travel expectations (e.g., 75+%) to meet face-to-face with prospects and customers, attend conferences and trade shows, and work collaborative with colleagues to achieve outcomes.
- Expected to work from the Stamford home office at least one week every 6-weeks.
Work Remotely, United States