The primary focuses of the Business Development Manager – MRO is identifying customer’s needs, nurturing existing relationships, developing new relationships to expand business. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing long term strategies, identifying near term and long term target opportunities, leading pursuit efforts including capture team/proposal management. Close coordination and alignment with the functional teams and executive management is crucial.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Business Development Manager – MRO will be responsible to:
• Work as a member of the team to develop product, platform and regional strategies for spares, repairs, services and mods/upgrades.
• Shape customer requirements, identify the customer’s most important requirements, develop win strategies and to provide price-to-win and competitive assessment for relevant pursuits.
• Develop long and short-term strategies and tactics to win business.
• Work as the capture team/proposal manager to ensure proposals are submitted on-time and in compliance with requirements.
• Develop a pipeline of opportunities to win business at a cadence that the organization can support.
• Position company to take full advantage of International & DoD initiatives relating to spares, repairs, services and mods/upgrade growth opportunities.
• Develop and meet growth plans and commitments.
• Develop and maintain aftermarket marketing materials.
• Build upon existing relationships with domestic and international customers and cultivating relationships with new customers: OEM, channel partners, DoD, DLA, Foreign Ministries of Defense, etc.
• A minimum of 10 years of Business Development experience with military aftermarket and Department of Defense initiatives within the aerospace industry
• Existing relationships at leading military aircraft OEMs, DoD repair stations and other relevant military facilities
• Comfortable in dealing with highly technical products, business and commercial meetings and environments
• Ability to engage effectively across all layers and functions with the organization and customer
• Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication and collaboration skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook)
• U.S citizenship
• Former members of the military preferred
• Up to 50% travel is required at times