Nevada, United States
CFO/Controller – must have Current Part 135 Aviation Accounting Experience!!!
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires that the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
FAR 135 Charter company looking for an Accounting Leader with aviation experience, preferably FAR 135 experience, proficient with QuickBooks Online, Microsoft Excel and/or Google Suites.
- Budgeting, forecasting, account reconciliation, and P&L reporting
- Oversee all accounting activities related to income auditing, A/P, A/R, and tax compliance Oversee financial operations
- Manage small accounting team and provide ongoing training to accounting personnel
- Conduct weekly and monthly financials assessments and generate reports to senior management team
- Establish department budgets
- Prepare short and long-term forecasts for the company and aircraft owners
- Conduct analysis of financial risks and benefits of business initiatives
- Identify market trends and explore untapped area of opportunities
- Provide support to senior management in deal negotiations, acquisitions, and business development
- Acting liaison between company accountants, state, and government entities for financial audits.
- Hands-on approach to finance department operations, capable of easily stepping into any accounting role if needed (should possess a healthy knowledge and drive to learn all facets of the department)
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual P&L consolidations and financial reporting consistent with GAAP and Company Policy
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial analyses for significant transactions, and major capital expenditure proposals; present leadership team with a clear and concise review of current and projected operating results.
- Assess and upgrade finance organization as needed to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Exercise strong leadership skills including communications and teamwork between finance, operating groups, division and corporate staff.
- Provide leadership to strengthen internal control environment
- Partner with the General Manager and other members of the leadership team; provide advice and counsel on a wide range of issues facing the business.
- Facilitate timely development of financial plans, including sales, profits, capital spending, standard cost, cash flow and balance sheets. Proactively assess key assumptions underlying operating plans;
- Identify major risks and opportunities and compare to management expectations.
- Manage assets, revenue chain, credit & collections, and cash. Identify and pursue opportunities for reducing working capital.
- Support sales through and review of quotes consistent with corporate profit objectives.
- Refines and maintains the integrity of the plant’s standard cost system.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors to ensure efficient reviews of financial data and controls.
- QuickBooks Online experience preferred and/or QB Expert, QB Certified
- Must have current FAR 135 Aviation Accounting experience
- Must have Bachelors degree in Accounting
- MBA or Master’s degree in Accounting preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience as well as a thorough understanding of general accounting practices, processes, and theories is required
- Excel advanced proficiency is required
- Previous executive level experience required
- Must be proficient with QuickBooks Online, Microsoft Excel and/or Google Suites
Company Culture and Fit:
The opportunity for growth in this company’s organization is unlike any other charter operator and is absolutely attainable for one “hungry” enough to achieve professional success. The company promotes a healthy culture wherein the measurement of success is established by the accomplishments of what a department/company achieves collectively and seeks candidates that hold that same mentality. The company seeks colleagues that are not easily intimidated or insecure with the prospect of organizational growth, but rather interprets this as a chance to better themselves by learning from others. The company needs a strong leader in their Accounting Department who is willing to educate, encourage, and elevate others to achieve their professional goals.
Nevada, United States
Executive, Operations / Management