PLEASE NOTE: This position requires that the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for sponsorship!
The Director of Charter Logistics is responsible for the daily sales and operations management of the Charter Sales team in order to meet and exceed revenue standards. The Director of Charter Sales handles any and all scheduling issues/concerns.
Essential Job Functions
• Development of targets/goals for the charter team such as flight hours, charter revenue, empty leg sales, etc.
• Ensure charter sales department meets the targets and goals on a daily, weekly, and monthly cadence
• Ensure all charter sales team and support staff perform their duties as required on a daily basis
• Provide guidance, mentoring, training, and coaching to charter sales team as related to sales negotiation and conflict resolution
• Serve as a primary point of contact for any inquiries made by aircraft owners regarding specific charter questions or general inquiries on charter activity
• Constantly seeking new business for fleet via new and existing wholesale customers worldwide
• Constantly reviewing the overall aircraft schedule and seek ways to better optimize the fleet for increased efficiency and profitability
• Ensure all fleet marketing support materials are relevant and correct to include industry websites, aircraft flyers, website, sales CRM, quoting software, etc.
• Must remain current on company & competitor product offerings, aircraft, regional charter pricing, & travel trends. Maintain solid understanding of local and national trends
• Review trip files with accounting to ensure proper billing of trips
• Research and target wholesale community to create, build and manage relationships; arrange site visits
• Respond to any pop-up/ASAP flights in a timely manner with efficiency and effectiveness
• Manage departmental employees work schedule and ensuring appropriate phone coverage 24/7/365
• Represents the company in a professional manner at trade shows & industry/marketing events
• Must be available and able to work a full-time schedule estimated at least 40 hours a week on-site; participate in the after-hours on-call rotation as needed and on designated
• Must be able to work from the assigned office on a full-time basis and willing to carry a mobile phone or other similar communications to be accessible 24/7 as needed.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills
• Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working for Part 135 Charter Operator in a charter sales and flight operations / coordination capacity
• Ability to multi-task, collect & analyze data, define problems, establish facts & draw valid conclusions in a timely manner in a high-pressure environment
• Experience utilizing aviation software, Microsoft Office, and Google Suites
• Professional appearance, excellent phone demeanor, with ability to set priorities
• Must possess effective verbal & written communication, organization, presentation, and administrative skills
• Must have an energetic, friendly & outgoing personality with proven customer service skills
• Must be able to effectively negotiate and close a sale
• Must be willing to travel as directed by management