Florida, United States
Chief Flight Instructor – Vero Beach, FL
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Title of position: Chief Flight Instructor
Employment location: Vero Beach, FL
The employer is one of the most respected and trusted global commercial pilot training academies in the industry. The employer delivers airline pilots, and has achieved this by radically redefining every aspect of airline pilot training, from a unique educational approach in ground school, to world-class facilities, a modern fleet of aircraft and flight simulators, and an enviable instructional team. The company is fully committed to developing a dynamic, engaging and welcoming environment for the next generation of airline pilots.
As the Chief Flight Instructor the candidate will be responsible for the FAA flying operations of the company which includes safety, quality and regulatory compliance. There is a strong focus on quality with a continuous drive towards process improvement & customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities include: –
- Promoting flight safety throughout the school
- Ensuring the school is compliant with FAA regulatory requirements with regard to delivery of FAR Part 141 and FAR Part 61 flight training.
- Maintaining the school’s FAR Part 141 Pilot School Letters of Authorization (LOA’s) through the FAA WebOPSS System
- Defining and monitoring the required quality and standard of flight training given by the training staff
- Ensuring training policies and processes are suitable for task and regulatory requirements.
- Communicating and promoting policies, procedures, and standards throughout the school
- Ensuring all flight training documentation, manuals, Training Course Outlines / Syllabi, and courseware comply with regulatory requirements and meet the requirements of the business.
- Coordinating with the UK CAA Chief Flight Instructor to ensure that the portions of the UK CAA training program conducted locally in Vero Beach complies with applicable FAA regulations.
- Ensuring the flight training is delivered to meet the company’s objective of being the safest, highest quality and customer focused training school in the world.
- Management and development of all Instructors on base.
- Holds a current FAA C Commercial Pilot Certificate/Airline Transport Pilot Certificate and a current certified flight instructor rating. The certificates must contain airplane category, single-engine land and multi-engine land class ratings, and an instrument rating airplane.
- Meets the pilot-in-command recent flight experience requirements of FAR 61.57 which includes:
- 3 take offs and landings within the last 90 days (can be either in an aircraft or full-motion simulator)
- 6 instrument approaches within the last 6 months (can be in aircraft or simulator)
- Flight experience: 2,000 hours pilot-in-command
- 3 years as a CFI
- Total of 200 hours of instruction given
- CFII required
- Demonstrated experience in leadership from a flight training management role with extensive experience in training as an instructor for professional pilot’s license.
- No aircraft accident or aviation violation convictions.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Deep interest in people and passion about motivating and encouraging others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment whilst being open to change will be key.
- Full time position
- Salary – Up to $120k—Based on experience.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental and vision)
- 401k Investment
- PTO- 18 days
- Holidays – 9 days
Florida, United States
Operations / Management, Pilot