PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package
Job Title: Lead A&P with some level of aircraft parts and/or aircraft inspection experience (for a Wheels and Brakes Div. of Aircraft Components repair facility)
Employment location: Dallas, TX
Summary: Responsible for the performance of the Inspection system. Responsible for the performance and compliance of procedures set forth in the Repair Station Manual. Responsible for all regulatory compliance related to the repair Station and its personnel.
Responsibilities include the following:
1. Ensure the Inspection System procedures are followed in accordance with the Quality Manual
2. Ensure all articles maintained and released to service are in accordance with repair station procedures.
3. Ensures compliance with the repair stations calibration program
4. Ensures compliance with the shelf life program
5. Responsible for being familiar with Federal Aviation Administration regulations.
6. Responsible for the training and proficiency of all inspectors
7. Act as liaison and assist the FAA in audits
8. Responsible for the up keep and currency of Approved tech data
9. Maintains the capabilities list
10. Performs internal and external audits
11. Works independently and efficiently.
12. Writes clearly and accurately on legal documents.
13. Communicates accurately.
14. Understand Federal Aviation Administration regulations as they apply.
15. Responsible for releases to service all aircraft components maintained by company.
16. Responsible for the Performance of final inspection on all components maintained by the company.
17. Supervises the performance of maintenance by non-certified employees.
18. Able to perform the duties of Inspector 1, 2 and 3.
• Must be certificated under 14 CFR Part 65
• Must have an FAA A&P license
• Must have some aircraft or aircraft parts inspection experience
• Must be able to read, write and understand English.
• Ability to handle liquid nitrogen
• Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
• Ability to accurately read and record measurements
• Ability to act in a safe and professional manner always
• Ability to follow manufacturer’s component maintenance manual and repair station manual always
• Ability to communicate clearly with supervisors and co-workers regarding status and shift turnover
• Ability to sign an 8130 release to service document.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Experience using the following equipment:
• Vernier calipers
• Depth gauges
• Spring testers
• Eddy current equipment
• Magnetic particle equipment
• Dye penetrant equipment
• All equipment used by technician 1 and technician 2 and Inspector (all tiers)
• All mandated company training as it applies to the job functions.
• Nondestructive training as it applies to the level and field needed.
The employer provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long- term disability, life, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and retirement savings with company match focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
The employer is a rapidly growing FAA authorized aviation service provider with nine locations throughout North America. Headquartered in Londonderry, New Hampshire, the company was founded in 1994.
Today, the company’s employees are some of the most talented, well-seasoned leaders in the industry. Success for the company means being part of a collaborative team where goals are exceeded, and people matter. The company offers competitive salaries, market leading benefits, a culture of continuous improvement and career advancement in the growing Aircraft Maintenance Industry.