Chief Instructor Pilot – Upset Recognition Recovery Training (URRT)
PLEASE NOTE: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
URRT training is designed to take pilots to an advanced stage of learning by incorporating academics from flight test syllabus about aircraft certification testing, limitations and how these relate to aircraft capability and performance in the air. Pilots learn lifesaving recovery techniques in flight and at altitude, preparing pilots for in-flight situations where the majority of aircraft accidents and fatalities occur due to pilot recognition failure and/or improper recovery procedures.
The position of Chief Instructor Pilot consists of providing flight instruction to students for various courses and coordinating and training the use of other ground and flight instructors for instruction as needed. The position also requires flying duties and coordination as required in performance of customers flight support requirements.
- Deliver all flight activities safely
- Insure the highest standards of instruction is achieved for all flight instruction courses
- Coordinate with staff to insure proper staffing for all flight requirements
- Insure flight delivery excellence for flight support activities
- Maintain a detailed record of activities and provide accurate invoicing information to accounting
- Coordinate with other team members as needed
- Recruit and train additional personnel as required
Qualifications & requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Military flight background
- CFI – single & multi engine & instrument with 10 years experience
- Turbo jet type ratings
- 2500 hours flight experience minimum accident free
- Rotor craft experience a plus
- Current 2nd class FAA flight physical – 1st class a plus
- Communication Skills
- Instruction Capability
- Attention to detail and planning
- Reports to President
- Business is located in California
- Position requires in-person presence for flight activities – can be remote otherwise
- Flight time varies – around 10-15 hours on average per month
- Training aircraft – Slingsby T-67, L-39, MB 326, Chipmunk, King Air/Duchess, MIG 21, T-38, F5
Operations / Management, Pilot