Oregon, United States
Chief Quality Inspector
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Chief Quality Inspector (Aviation Maintenance)
The employer is a premier aviation company and is seeking an experienced Aviation Maintenance Chief Quality Inspector to join their exceptional growing team of maintenance professionals. The preferred candidate will have experience directing, planning and laying out the details of inspection standards, methods and procedures used by the Repair Station in complying with all applicable FAA Regulations, manufacturer’s specifications and recommendations.
- Ensures that all inspections are properly performed and that the proper inspection records, reports, forms and Certificate of Conformance used by the repair station are properly executed prior to the release of the aircraft/article for return to service/issuance of Certificate of Conformance/8130-3.
- Responsible for final airworthiness decisions for company and customer aircraft and first article inspections.
- Responsible to ensure customer and company aircraft, maintenance employees, shop, paperwork and procedures are in compliance with all FAA regulations.
- Coordinate and maintain records for periodic checks of all inspection tools and the calibration of precision test equipment used by the Repair Station.
- Ensure company manuals (FAA and Manufacturer), FAA specifications, type certificate data sheets and Airworthiness Directives are up to date.
- Responsible for ascertaining that maintenance records are properly maintained and retrievable.
- Ensures that purchase order requirement are met, paperwork is received and correct, ensures complete trace-ability in accordance with company requirements.
- Accomplish the final acceptance of all incoming material, including new parts, supplies and the airworthiness of articles on which work has been performed outside the Repair Station by contract. Conduct visual and measurement tests, rejects unacceptable materials and /or products as required.
- Proactively and in collaboration with peers, recommend changes in Quality Assurance processes and organization, industry standards and specific skill areas.
- FAA A&P Certificate.
- FAA IA. (preferred)
- Previous experience in high tolerance-machined part dimensional inspection
- Ability to read blueprints and use precision measuring tools (micrometers, calipers, comparators, gauges, etc.)
- Previous experience with air frame structural parts.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance/Airworthiness Conformity.
- 5 years’ experience maintaining/inspecting GA, and corporate aircraft.
- Extensive familiarity with FAR 145 and 135 as they pertain to aircraft maintenance and airworthiness conformity.
- Extremely high level of attention to detail.
- Experience working in a FAR 145 shop.
- Florescent Penetrant NDT Level II
Favorable results from pre-employment drug test and criminal background check are required.
The employer offers a great benefits package which includes medical, voluntary dental, voluntary vision, life and disability insurance and a 401(k) with a 3% employer contribution.
Oregon, United States
Aviation Maintenance, Operations / Management