Commercial Aviation Logistics Manager – Industrial Shipping / Logistics
PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT APPLY IF YOU REQUIRE VISA SPONSORSHIP. This position requires a candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
- Manage all shipping, importation and logistics requirements to support the company’s worldwide commercial aircraft fleet operations and base maintenance activities.
- Prefer candidates from the commercial aircraft components/parts business or the airlines. Should have a network of international shippers they can call on. Can figure out how to get a complex shipment/part from point A to point B internationally. Solving for customs and imports issues under AOG (urgent/aircraft on ground) situations, while finding the most affordable means possible.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for transportation logistics of aircraft engines, parts, components and tools.
- Handle all aspects of coordinating pick up, transport, documentation, customs, importation, exportation, and delivery of large and complex international shipments
- Manage tracking and ensure timely delivery of all shipments in process
- Adhere to strict, and potentially last-minute schedules dictated by the demands of the business
- Obtain numerous bids to identify optimal pricing on all projects
- Identify and negotiate long-term, favorable pricing agreements where possible
- Establish and expand company’s global network of logistics and shipping companies, freight forwarders and other essential vendors
- Think resourcefully and creatively problem solve how to transport shipments with the most efficient use of time and money
- For larger shipments, ensure compliance with OEMs shipping and loading instructions.
- Work with procurement department to ensure the return of “core” or unused inventory back to the company’s warehouse
- Work to minimize or recover VAT/Importation tax where appropriate
- Assemble required paperwork such as commercial invoice, Dangerous Goods certificate, etc. where required.
- Support Parts department with sourcing, documentation, orders and other logistics when required
- Actively report to the group in writing and in daily and weekly calls, as directed by management
- Understand and adhere to all company procedures, and contribute to the development of new ones in your role where needed
- Integrate with and support technical, parts manager, commercial and fleet management teams
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of five years of experience in commercial industrial shipping or logistics
- Experience in commercial aviation and knowledge of aviation parts strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must be computer literate with strong working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft programs
- Fluency in English required
- Highly organized, responsible, reliable and detail-oriented
- Able to work “on call” as needed on nights and weekends, to accommodate “aircraft on ground” (“AOG”) and other emergent requirements of the fleet
- Proven ability to multitask, work independently, and perform in a high-pressure environment
- Must be articulate and a strong communicator to coordinate efficiently with all counterparties
- Assertive and diligent personality required
- Experienced problem-solver
Aviation Maintenance, Operations / Management