San Diego, CA
Commercial Mobility Maintenance Control Manager (CMMC)
The Manager Commercial Mobility Maintenance Control (CMMC), is a key member of the Company’s Commercial Airline Support team, which helps deliver and maintain best-in-class “In-Flight Connectivity (IFC)” services to our Commercial Airline customers. The Manager of CMMC plays a critical part in the service launch of new customers, supporting system activations and over-the air system checks for new installations of the Company’s onboard In-Flight Connectivity solution as well as maintaining the installed system across all airline partners fleet of aircraft. The Manager of CMMC ensures that all work is carried out in accordance with Company procedures and airline manuals, following FAA and local regulations. Additional key responsibilities include providing support to on-site, and airline maintenance representatives during the installation, activation and maintenance of IFC equipment, including software loads and updates. This role works in collaboration with the Company’s airline partners to support and close the daily maintenance issues. Verbal and written interaction with airlines is frequent and must be delivered professionally. The Manager of CMMC interfaces with internal and external stakeholders and must be able to communicate effectively with diverse audiences including engineering teams, program management, customers and third-party partners & suppliers. This position requires contributing to shared knowledge, documentation, training of peers and other stakeholders. It may require up to 10% travel to other Company offices, customer locations and airline maintenance locations. The ideal candidate will have a background in commercial aircraft systems, specifically electrical and avionics equipment troubleshooting and testing. The critical nature of the work requires good judgment, initiative and specialized technical expertise to understand problems and develop recommended solutions. Experience with hardware and software elements involved in IP networking and satellite communications is preferred. Familiarity with UNIX/LINUX configuration, and ability to capture and interpret network traces is a plus.
- Oversees and provides technical support for personnel performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on the IFC system.
- Responsible for continuous monitoring of the maintenance status of aircraft IFE/IFC systems in line operations by close communication with Line Maintenance personnel, Maintenance Vendors, Airline Operations, Aircraft Engineering and other stakeholders to ensure all systems operational.
- Manages system out of service activities
- Ensure complete and accurate documentation and records of all maintenance work performed on customer aircraft.
- Communicate with Airline Operations Managers, Quality Assurance, Materials management and contract maintenance as required to support the repair and maintenance process.
- Track, maintain and ensure all open anomalies across the installed fleet are actively being worked expeditiously.
- Participate with and lead the team to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair any discrepancies related to the aircraft in accordance with approved technical data.
- Assist in the development of a maintenance and preventative maintenance program.
- Assist in analyzing system reliability and suggest a course of action based on those findings.
- Provide remote assistance to support diagnostic checks on IFC equipment installed on customer aircraft.
- Coordinate new software roll out, testing and implementation to minimize impact to reliability.
- Reviews aircraft historical data and issues Action Plans as required.
- Coordinates and schedules with maintenance controllers ground time, manpower, engineering resources and parts required to address chronic maintenance items at line stations.
- Leads the daily operational call reporting on the status and plan for the installed fleet
- Provide a timely response and resolution to any service inquiry related to installation and maintenance.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures.
- Manage a staff of operational direct reports with all administrative functions.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Managing Director Commercial Mobility Maintenance Operations (CMMO).
- Bachelors degree or equivalent preferred
- Airframe & Powerplant Certificate required.
- At least 3-5 years of commercial aircraft maintenance experience to include a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory/management role preferred.
- The ability to work with and understand maintenance manuals, maintenance programs, reliability programs, and interpret FAA regulations.
- Prior experience working with Linux/Unix is a plus
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in a 24×7 environment as needed to support round-the-clock operations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present complex technical material to a variety of audiences
- Strong Computer skills required, including Microsoft Office.
- Prior experience with RF Satellite or Wireless Communication systems preferred
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.
- Must hold a valid U.S. Passport
- Must be able to obtain AOA airport badges
San Diego, CA
Aviation Maintenance, Operations / Management