Ohio, United States
Commercial Technical Program Manager
The TPM plays a key role in the teamed consultative selling approach to customers by assessing the customer’s maintenance capability, current tooling inventory availability for re-purposing / reuse, local maintenance practices, shop load forecast, level of desired maintenance in order to prepare a detailed recommendation to meet their Ground Support Equipment (GSE) and Tooling needs. Direct responsibility extends from Campaign launch to Campaign fulfillment (tool order to tool use).
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop/maintain general and work-scope specific GSE Tooling Lists for assigned Engine Programs.
- Develop/maintain tooling picture books for assigned engine programs listing both the part number, description, usage of tool.
- Assist Marketing department with technical support to create and maintain literature, technical collateral, marketing and support videos, photographs and other marketing materials to support sales campaigns and marketing presence.
- Develop Customized GSE Tooling Lists for unique customer requirements as necessary to support sales campaigns and other sales activities.
- Conduct drawing Change in Design (CID) review versus open Tooling Orders (and as applicable) versus shipped Tooling Orders.
- Tooling Focal Interface within OEM Support Equipment (SE) Design Engineering as well as OEM Customer & Product Support organization for assigned Engine Programs.
- Tooling focal interface within Customer’s technical resources such as Powerplant Engineering and Customer’s Maintenance organization’s for assigned Engine Programs.
- Resolve GSE Tooling technical questions; both internal and external.
- Activities will be related to Tool usage, engine application, operation, maintenance and Engine Tooling Database/Engine Maintenance Manual (EMM) conflicts.
- When Tooling opportunities/conflicts are discovered, communicate and resolve with applicable OEM and individuals/organizations.
- Support the company Sourcing Organization in candidate Vendor identification and Supplier Problem Report (SPR) resolution.
- Support/Influence new product development with OEM SE Design Engineering and company Engineering department.
- Travel approximately 10-12 weeks per year as required to support Sales campaigns, evaluate customer facilities and assist in Customer Satisfaction Evaluations.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Working, practical knowledge or equivalent experience of Large Commercial Jet engine Ground Support Equipment functions/processes.
- BS in Engineering and 5+ years of progressive experience with GSE or 4-year college degree and 10+ years of progressive experience with GSE.
- Ability to read, understand and translate into current configuration OEM Tool requirements for Airframe and Gas Turbine Engine Technical and Maintenance publications, service bulletins, models and process sheets.
- Ability to read, understand and translate aviation tooling blueprints.
- FAA accredited licensed Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) mechanic.
- Proficient in MS-Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and oral.
- Must possess a strategic thinking and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to multi-task (simultaneous diverse customer activity), demonstrated ability to work as a team leader/team player.
- Articulate and effective communicator with the ability to influence others through the employment of sound judgment and good common sense rather than the use of authority.
- Highest standards of integrity, loyalty, honesty, moral and ethical values.
Ohio, United States
Aviation Maintenance, Engineer, Operations / Management