Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Middle East
Contract Manager – Defense/Aviation/Security/Industrial Markets
NOTE: Due to ITAR requirements this position requires U.S. or UK Citizenship. No exceptions.
The position requires a professionally qualified Contract Manager, who has extensive experience in commercial contracts and commercial management of large programs. Within this role the candidate will be a key member of Legal Affairs & Contracts team, ensuring all support contracts are fit for purpose by liaising with all company related departments to contracts. The candidate will oversee all type of contracts/agreement between the company and engines OEMs/suppliers/vendors/governmental and non-governmental customers by preparing, reviewing and drafting contracts. Negotiating contract terms with internal and external stakeholders. Reviewing and updating existing contracts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Draft, review, manage & maintain commercial and contractual arrangements (e.g. MOUs, NDAs, framework agreements, teaming agreements, collaborative arrangements, license agreements, MRO services agreements, etc.);
- Finalise legal and commercial negotiations with engines OEMs/suppliers/vendors and related department in the company regarding contracts terms, updates or legal clarifications;
- Effective day to day management of owned contracts with day to day budget management of the vendor and MRO contracts;
- Ensure operations continue to deliver high standards in line with and beyond contractual service levels to deliver services to MEPC customers;
- Settles all legal issues for contractual transactions with departments and vendors in order to avoid risk of default in the execution of the contracts;
- Conduct pre-contract and post-contract award reviews with internal stakeholders to ensure the contractual obligations are known, understood and being properly addressed;
- To manage and evolve the engagement and ongoing relationship with one or more engines OEMs/suppliers/vendors ensuring the delivery of agreed services and quality at lowest cost;
- Analysis and management of contract risks and preparation of risk mitigation strategies;
- Co-ordination of interfaces between departments such as BD, Operations, Engineering and Finance to ensure contracts accurately reflect the statement of work;
- Present commercial aspects of proposals at internal bid reviews, to all levels of seniority
- Responsible for contract management based on Contract Lifecycle Management System and company templates;
- Reviews and audit the company’s agreements to ensure the legal integrity of its texts and to ensure that there are no defects that may affect the company’s interests and benefits;
- Support bid management activities for legal and commercial subjects;
- Coordinate with Operations division (and other divisions) to ensure that the suppliers/vendors meet their contractual obligations, taking appropriate actions to ensure plans are implemented to return to the required levels;
- Work with Supply Chain and Procurement to negotiate the best commercial and operational terms with vendors for defined elements of overall deals;
- Conduct assessments of commercial capabilities and cultural compatibility;
- Implements best practices in contracting and deal creations, including i. e. undertaking legal audits, developing contracting and deal templates and providing required training;
- Responsible for the operational contract governance, implementing changes as the business needs evolve;
- Responsible for facilitating the resolution of contractual disputes and collect any resulting values;
- Manages delivery of required legal commercial related consultancies on activities and procedures required for the company business;
- Advise and provide legal advices on different Intellectual Property topics such as patents, trademarks & copyrights for MEPC; and
- Ensure contracts related to defense articles are in compliance with Export Control, ITAR, and EAR etc.
Education Required / Minimum Experienced Required / Special Skill / Training Courses / Certificates / Licenses Required:
- A law degree from decent western university or business degree with experience in contract law;
- 7 years minimum working in commercial contract management in defense/aviation/security/industrial markets;
- In depth knowledge of English law/English legal contracting principles.
- Demonstrable negotiation skills with successful experience of contracts in US/UK and international markets; and
- Experience of bidding to and managing contracts in the US/UK and international aviation or defense or security markets.
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- An extensive knowledge of the development and management of commercial and operational support contracts;
- Experienced in managing relationships with internal business and large external suppliers and OEMs by the development of relationships to ensure the mutual business needs are met;
- Strong influencing and persuasive skills; presents a calm and professional behavior;
- Proven to take full accountability for planning and delivering commercially viable options to the business;
- Ability to work effectively and proactively;
- A self-starter with the tenacity and resilience to manage obstacles and delays without losing focus; and
- Excellent in planning and coordinating events to ensure contracts are fit for purpose and deliver within the operational budgets.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Middle East
Operations / Management