PLEASE NOTE: This role requires being authorized to work in the United States. Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship.
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Title of Position: Director-Corporate Aviation Interiors Sales
Employment location: Remote opportunity – travel required
Job Summary: REGIONAL SALES
• Secures orders from existing and potential customers by means of visiting the customers’ facility or contacting by phone.
• Secures opportunities to quote on customer requirements.
• Follows up (by phone or visit) on quotations submitted to customers.
• Establishes professional customer / vendor relationships with appropriate customer personnel (purchasing, engineering, manufacturing, quality assurance, management, and other key personnel.)
• Attends trade shows, including but not limited to, NBAA, EBACE and others.
• Submits weekly activity / call reports concerning customer related activities for quotes, orders, and problems concerning customer / vendor relationships, via Salesforce.
• Performs all assigned duties in the assigned sales territory and/or customer list.
• Provides lost business reports on a weekly basis. Provides a territory sales forecast on a monthly basis.
PROGRAM MANAGER-OEM/FRACTIONAL OWNERSHIP
• The Program Manager is fully responsible for implementing a product matching 100% to the one used for the cost base in the bid and to make him/herself knowledgeable of all elements of the bid including the base cost.
• Clarify RFQ scope of work expected by customer with salespeople and/or customer.
• Coordinate with estimator on pricing package assumptions.
• Help drive new product development.
• Coordinate with engineering for drawing and technical proposal support.
• Follow up proposal submission with customer and/or salesperson.
• Kick off new programs, establish expectations, and identify pacing items.
• Assign line resources to project teams as required to meet performance criteria.
• Lead program status meetings and work bottle necks.
• Communicate program status to Airframes customers, salespeople and line management.
• Monitor all open action items to customer to ensure timely closure.
• Monitor the submission of required data items required by customer.
• Coordinate resources between divisions for programs involving multiple locations.
• Monitor budget status on all programs with Senior Management.
• Coordinate the resolution of field service issues for new products delivered.
• Participate in contract negotiations as required.
• Team with President / Salespeople on developing and presenting positions.
• Communicate results of negotiating sessions to Senior Management.
• Monitor the scope of work and initiate formal changes when necessary to obtain proper concessions on prices, weights, and lead times, where appropriate.
PROFIT AND LOSS
• Utilize data from ERP and Financial Reports on a regular basis.
• Track, manage and report non-recurring expenses to operate within budget limits, recurring costs at standard to operate within the quotation parameters and achieve the bid contribution margins.
• Develop a strategic use of customer request for changes to increase contribution margins of the program, both for the non-recurring and recurring portions.
• Leverage your knowledge about current / new product developments to meet customer needs.
• Increase gross sales on an annual basis by taking market share with existing customers.
• Present new products that existing customers require.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business management/engineering or equivalent experience.
• Min of 5 years Business Aviation Sales Experience – with existing corporate aviation manufacturers/OEM relationships built for aircraft interior products
• Extensive experience working with business aviation OEMS to include Bombardier, Gulfstream, Dassault, Textron, etc.
• Fractional Ownership contacts and relationships.
• Outside sales experience.
• Sales CRM Experience
• Upholstery knowledge preferred.
• Works well independently.
• Excellent leadership, communication skills (oral and written), self-motivated (plan and think strategically), self-starter, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality,
• Willingness to travel domestically and internationally for business as required. (50%)
• Attention to details.
• MS Office experience, spreadsheets, data entry and E-mail.