Alaska, United States
Crew Scheduler – 121 Airline in Anchorage AK
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
The Flight Crew Scheduler is responsible for performing all aspects of Crew Scheduling in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations, Company policies, and the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). To perform this job successfully, an individual must be capable of performing each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Maintains monthly pilot bid lines and schedules for all bases and fleets in compliance with applicable union agreements, Company policy, and FAA regulations.
- Coordinates and records all Open Time flying
- Schedule crewmembers effectively to achieve optimum results for the Company and meet flight time and duty restrictions.
- Coordinates and schedules all required crewmember training, working with the Manager of Pilot Training.
- Schedules pilot PTO as requested by crewmembers and approved by the Chief Pilot.
- Book travel and accommodations when necessary
- Ability to prepare and complete forms effectively and collate data and information all with a high degree of accuracy
- Schedules and monitors FAA-required line training and competency checks and works closely with the Training Department and/or Crew Planning to ensure simulator and ground training schedules.
- Implement the policies and goals established by the Company as directed by the Director of Operations and other management.
- Determine feasibility of executing scheduled trips and accommodating new trip requests based on overall network availability, crew availability and/or operational limitations on specific aircraft assignments.
- Contribute to a positive and productive work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous crew scheduling or related aviation industry experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Part 121 FAA Regulations is preferred.
- Experience with BlueOne Aircraft and Crew Management System preferred.
- Exceptional math skills are required.
- Ability to understand and work at an abstract level and utilize technology as a tool to solve complex scheduling problems.
- Must be detail oriented and possess the ability to prioritize duties under pressure.
- Confidentiality is always required.
- Need strong follow-through.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision within established and contractually-compliant deadlines.
- Must be able to work well as part of a team or alone as necessary.
- Exhibit strong organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Must possess leadership, command presence, sophistication and the maturity necessary to support the activities in the Crew Resources department
- Must be willing to work various hours including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, background check and TSA security threat assessment.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- This role has a high-level of communication with flight crews, members of the Systems Operations Control Center (SOCC) and other stakeholders.
- Must have ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from crewmembers and management with tact and professionalism.
- Ability to read and interpret a variety of technical information furnished i. This includes the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), government regulations, company policies, etc.
- Draft routine business correspondence and reports.
Most work is performed in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation.
Alaska, United States
Operations / Management