Various Locations, United States
DED Product Manager
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires that the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
The company is a world leader in Metal 3D Printing using a technique called Directed Energy Deposition (DED). With its LENS and Huffman line of DED machines, the company is the number one equipment provider of manufacturing, repair and research systems for a variety of industries, especially the Aerospace and Power Generation markets, specializing in the laser cladding of gas turbine engine components. With world-wide distribution and service, the company’s DED machines are currently certified for Aerospace operation in 15 countries.
The company is seeking a Product Manager whose focus is to ensure continued growth in DED products, particularly in the Aviation MRO market. In this key role the Product Manager will develop strategies for increasing the value the company brings to companies in the turbine engine supply chain by listening to–and responding to–its customers with product roadmap planning, technical content development and promotional tactics. The PM will work closely with key user accounts, the Sales team, Engineering and Marketing to achieve revenue growth targets.
- Work with customers and Sales to assess market needs and own the entire product roadmap for the company’s Directed Energy Deposition solutions.
- Articulate the value proposition relative to customer needs and the company’s competitors.
- Analyze market size and market trends. Identify market segments and subsegments.
- Create useful technical content to help our customers increase their quality and safety while reducing their costs.
- Engage with other industry experts, participate in events and conferences.
- Work closely with Applications Engineering, Development Engineering and Service to deliver complete solutions to customers.
- Support Sales with all necessary collaterals: pricing, technical presentations, success stories, magazine articles, webinars.
- Demonstrated success comprising
- 5 years technical experience in the manufacture or repair of gas turbine engine components,
- or 7 years technical experience in Metal Additive Manufacturing,
- or 9 years experience in industrial B2B product management.
- Must be able to speak the language of the company’s Aviation MRO customers (or have enough related experience to quickly learn the language).
- BS in technical field (Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Metallurgy, Aerospace Engineering, etc.) required; advanced technical degree or MBA, a plus.
- Ability to create technical presentations and deliver to mid-level technical managers.
- Competence to work independently: self-directed work from a list of, say, ten projects covering a year.
- Comfort in communicating with varied groups of stakeholders: end users, internal engineers, Marketing, Sales, Company Senior Management.
- Passion for the business, curiosity, entrepreneurial attitude, top-notch communication skills.
- The position will reside in Clover, SC (near Charlotte, NC) or Albuquerque, NM.
- As this is a customer-facing role, 30% travel is required.
Various Locations, United States
Aviation Maintenance, Engineer, Sales