Florida, United States
Director of Business Development & Distribution
Our client is an established, multi-million dollar parts distribution organization that is dedicated to serving the air transportation industry. They have an immediate employment opportunity for an experienced Director of Business Development & Distribution at their South Florida location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct program management functions including OEM relationship management
- Ensure that New Distribution requirements are satisfied, e.g. maintenance/development, pricing, proposals, presentations, etc.
- Support and enhance sustainment of legacy distribution agreements for which directly responsible or indirectly responsible via direct reports
- Inventory Management: Assure program/general inventory is supported; i.e. monitor distribution purchase commitments
- Coordinate/monitor monthly sales reports to be forwarded to Principal Base within a pre-determined time frame; assist in quarterly reviews
- Assist in the research/development of New Distribution opportunities
- Work with internal Sales/OEM’s to assure product support, pricing issues and technical questions are satisfied in accordance with customer requests
- Monitor inventory reports to assure sales and margin objectives are secured
- Maintain knowledge of competition/marketplace trends
- Responsible for satisfy customer sales issues/problems that may develop
- Management of Business Development Function related to assigned OEM(s) and/or region(s) where Business Development function is defined as strategic sales development focused on incremental sales only (e.g. new part approvals, new customer approvals, technical proposals, initial provisioning management, strategic technical presentations in support of incremental sales development ).
- Supervise Program Manager(s) and/or Business Development Manager(s) and/or Purchasing Assistant(s)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or Engineering and/or related experience, training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PREFERRED – Master’s in Business Administration
- 8-10 years of Aerospace Experience with at least 5 years of direct OEM Distribution experience in a Program Management and Sales or Business Development capacity managing OEM and end user customer relationships; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Travel 50%
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Florida, United States
Operations / Management, Sales