J O B S U M M A R Y
The Director of Contract and Trade Compliance will be accountable for all aspects of Contracts Compliance within the company. This position will manage and coordinate activities involved in the administration of all contracts (private and government), subcontracts, and purchase orders in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), DFARS, Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), the company’s Policies, U.S. laws and regulations, as well as all international laws and regulations. This position will also be responsible for compliance with U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), U.S. and international trade regulations and any customer trade regulations. This position will be responsible for both the strategic and tactical business perspectives of Contract and Trade Compliance management.
D U T I E S & A R E A S O F R E S P O N S I B I L I T Y
• Responsible for providing advice, training and guidance to ensure all activities are in compliance with the Company Policies, U.S. Laws and regulations, as well as any international laws and regulations that may apply.
• Responsible for both vendor/supplier contracts and customer contract at all tiers with corresponding flow down requirements.
• Responsible for best ensuring that the terms and conditions negotiated for any Contract represent a fair and reasonable position for the Company and that there are clear and objective acceptance and completion criteria, and all liability and risk is mitigated to the fullest extent possible.
• Coordinate customer contract reviews and negotiations with The Company and parent company legal counsel.
• Responsible for Drafting, Negotiating/Resolving, and maintaining NDAs/PIAs, MOUs/MOAs/LTAs and other strategic alliance agreements as necessary to support the needs of the Company.
• Responsible for providing advice and guidance to Supply Management and assisting in the resolution of any Supplier claims, developing Long-term Pricing Agreements, or negotiating/resolving differences in Terms and Conditions, as required to support the needs of the Company.
• Responsible for establishing a program for the proper governance of all export-related activities, licenses, and reports, to ensure a fully-engaged and ongoing Export Compliance program. Lead the Company ITAR compliance efforts and provide necessary ITAR training to The Company personnel.
• Maintain Contract / LTA database for all The Company contracts to include a life cycle/calendar for each, as well as coordinate contract renewal strategies with Business Development and Facility Management.
• After consulting with the legal department, presenting to management information on contract matters that may have significant adverse legal implications; advise management of contractual rights, obligations & risks.
• Participate in proposal preparation and develop risk mitigation strategies for proposal submittals.
• Participate in contract negotiation and contract review by reviewing contract terms and risks; develop mitigation strategies for proposal submittals.
• Remain actively engaged with Business Development, Program Management, Legal and Supply Chain teams.
• Coordinate resolution of contract issues internally and with external customers.
• Ensure appropriate internal approvals & signature authorities are followed in the contract review & approval process.
• Coordinate flow down of terms and conditions with all functional departments including Business Development, Program Management, Engineering, Product Support, Finance, Quality, Supply Chain Management, and Operations.
• Ensure flow down of terms and conditions, including but not limited to FARS and DFARS requirements, to the Company suppliers and subcontractors.
• Maintain accurate and complete contract files and records in accordance with The Company policies and procedures.
• Ensure contract management activities are conducted in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, and customer requirements.
• Participate in customer audits and program review meetings.
• Assist with cost proposals to address Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements.
• Provide risk management support through the understanding of contractual terms and obligations; work to protect The Company’s legal and contractual rights and interests; ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
• Negotiate and execute prime and sub Government contracts and modifications as appropriate.
• Support pre-award surveys, proposal audits, and post-award audits requested by DCAA.
• Support negotiations with Government/Aerospace customers as required.
• Develop a standardized contract review process to ensure all appropriate internal departments are reviewing contracts and contract changes as appropriate.
• Serve as the Export Control Administrator; develop, train, review and monitor ITAR / Export Compliance Programs. Serve as Empowered Official if appropriate.
• Analyze requirements for export licenses and processes applications; determine Import/Export classifications and compliance as necessary.
K N O W L E D G E, S K I L L S & A B I L I T I E S
• Bachelor’s degree in Business (or related field) from an accredited four-year College or University
• 10+ years of progressive contract management experience, along with 5+ years of trade compliance experience within the Aerospace or Defense industry
• Experience with FAR and DFARS
• Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrative experience with the U.S. Department of Defense and/or Aerospace contracting process, as well as contract management and compliance
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of contracting principles and all contract types
• Excellent contract drafting skills and demonstrated experience in contract administration
• Sound understanding of commercial contracts, business agreements and general business practices
• Experience in all aspects of the contract life cycle including proposals, administration, and close-out
• Proven experience administering and negotiating a variety of fixed price type (FFP, FPIF) and cost type contracts (CPFF, CPIF), or other Government contract types
• Proven ability to conduct negotiations in a professional manner, achieving desired results, while maintaining good customer relations during and after the negotiation
• Must have the ability to make sound business judgments, handle multiple contractual activities with a short turn-around time, and work independently as well as part of a team
• High integrity and an unyielding commitment to compliance
• MBA and/or JD
• Bi-lingual (English, Spanish)
• Experience in general contract law, intellectual property, licensing and ITAR
• Ability to coordinate DCAA and DCMA activities including audits and closeouts