North Carolina, United States
Director of Military Sales (MRO services)
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires that the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
Director of Military Sales – Job Specification
Our client is an international provider of products and services to the Aerospace & Defense industry. The group specializes in innovative commercial, defense, OEM and MRO solutions and provides design, development, manufacturing and service in 2 main areas:
- Thermal Management Solutions
- Power & Actuation Services
Among the customers are some of the largest airlines in the world, leading aircraft manufacturers, OEM providers, air forces and defense organizations around the globe.
The Director of Military sales is responsible to develop and implement sales within the military sector, expanding the customer base for military products and maintaining a high level of support while ensuring customers’ satisfaction. He/she is responsible for researching market trends, promoting company products, and advising potential and existing customers on company capabilities. In addition, responsible for exploring (along with production and engineering) the ability to develop new capabilities.
The position reports to EVP Business Development & Sales (currently to group CEO)
- Secure short-term sales, mainly in MRO services to meet companies’ budgets.
- Develop and implement military sales long term strategy.
- Direct and oversee group’s sales effort for military products.
- Identify new opportunities and develop lasting and trusting business relationships with them.
- Develop strong strategic relationship with key customer executives.
- Assists the company’s executives in developing effective marketing strategies and provide them with information on market trends occurring in the company’s primary industry
- Constant analysis of the customer’s needs in order to turn the military division into a service/customer-oriented organization.
- Managing and developing the customer’s account, to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Research and estimate product demand and add new products and services capabilities to the company product line
- Position the company as a leading service provider for major airlines within the military sector.
- Develop and leverage synergies on a group level and among the company’s subsidiaries within the military domain.
- Working in an international, multi-cultural environment
- Ability to bring immediate value in MRO services sales, based on current connections and network.
- Expectation for substantial growth of the company’s military sales and customer base.
- Turn the military domain into a service/customer oriented organization
- Becoming the groups most meaningful sales expert in the military sector.
- Substantial and deep knowledge and background of the aerospace industry
- 5-7 years of proven sales experience at a director level in the aerospace or related industry within the military sector
- Strong proven negotiation skills and experience
- Demonstrated track record of success in various sales positions (previous proven experience in MRO services sales and business growth is a must).
- We are looking for a candidate that will regard the global group position as the next step in his/her career and a “spring board” to future executive positions in large global organizations
- Technical skills/orientation – must have knowledge of the company’s products at the technical level.
- International exposure
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Sales/Marketing or related studies,
- MBA is a major advantage
- Willingness for substantial travel – domestic and international
- A strategic approach with capabilities both on the macro and micro levels
- Must possess ability to negotiate and close sales transactions, manage and resolve problems both internally and externally to assure customer satisfaction.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills
- Must have interpersonal skills – effective in connecting with people
- Must be able to deliver convincing and concise presentations and be able to communicate effectively in person or using any medium.
Critical Personality Characteristics for Success
- Strong self-confidence with wide business view.
- High performer who focuses on results, delivery orientation and gets self-gratification from success.
- High energy – dynamic and fast moving individual.
- Self-starter – active, constantly looks to change and improve, initiate and follow though
- A team member who enjoys building and being part of strong teams, being able to work successfully in a matrix organization.
- Smart and sharp individual with strong commercial capabilities
- Excellence in verbal and written communication
- Ability to challenge and be challenged by others
- High EQ
- Strong communicational skills – being able to communicate with various cultures, different levels of seniority, etc.
North Carolina, United States