North Carolina, United States
Director of Sales and Account Management (MRO)
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires that the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
Director of Sales and Accounts Management will establish long & short-term Strategic relationships with the company’s customers and lead the sales process to successful delivery. Will Oversee a portfolio of assigned customers to develop new business from existing customers and actively seek new sales opportunities while ensuring customer satisfaction and execute company’s Proactive account management policy. The position is responsible for researching market trends, promoting companies’ products and services, and advise potential and existing customers on company capabilities. In addition, he/she is responsible for exploring along with production and engineering the ability to develop new capabilities.
Will report to the VP of MRO Strategic Accounts
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and develop close relationships with his/her counter partners of assigned accounts
- Identify new opportunities within the businesses and develop lasting and trusting business relationships.
- Identify opportunities and lead activities to add new Major Airlines to TAT’s customers portfolio
- Develops new business by analyzing account potential; initiating, developing, and closing sales; recommending new solutions and sales strategies.
- Execute TAT’s Proactive Account Management methodologies and become the “account’s voice” in the company
- Assists the company’s executives in developing effective marketing strategies by providing them with information on market trends.
- Identify potential business opportunities in the “owned” accounts by studying current business; interviewing key customer personnel and TAT’s personnel who have worked previously with the customer; identifying and evaluating additional needs; analyzing opportunities.
- Initiate sales process (lead generation) by building relationships; qualifying potential; scheduling appointments.
- Develops sales by preparing initial presentation; explaining product and service enhancements and additions; introducing new products and services.
- Closes sales (manage opportunities to win) by overcoming obstacles, working within TAT’s contract guidelines.
- Maintain an updated, relevant and accurate data base of the accounts in company’s systems based on the company’s policies
- Contributes information to sales strategies by evaluating current product results; identifying needs to be filled; monitoring TAT’s competitive products; analyzing and relaying customer reactions.
- Constantly improving job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Managing and developing the customer’s account, to ensure high level of customer’s satisfaction while maintaining constant analysis of his/her needs to turn the segment into a service/customer-oriented organization.
- Research and estimate product demand with the purpose to add new products and services capabilities to the company product line in cooperation with the engineering and production teams.
- Take active part in positioning the company as a leading service provider within the MRO sector.
- Expectation of substantial growth in company sales and expanding our customer base for new opportunities.
- Working at a group level with various interfaces and representing all the subsidiaries.
- Familiarity with variety of products
- Working in an international, multi-culture environment.
- 5-7 years of proven sales experience at a Manager/ Director’s level in the aerospace industry within the MRO sector.
- Substantial and deep knowledge of the aerospace industry.
- Experienced in demonstrating short term business closure while focusing on short term business opportunities.
- Strong strategic orientation and approach
- Strong tactic orientation in sales
- Demonstrate long term relationships with customers based on mutual respect, professional recognition and trust.
- Strong proven commercial and negotiation skills.
- Previous proven experience in actual MRO services /sales and business growth is a must.
- Technical skills/orientation (must learn and to be familiar with the products of the companies at the technical level).
- International exposure (outside the US).
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Sales/Marketing or related studies is an advantage
- MBA is an advantage
- Substantial travel both domestic and international and at times with short notice (around 30% of the time)
- A strategic approach with capabilities both on the macro and micro levels
- Must possess ability to negotiate and close sales transactions, manage and resolve problems both internally and externally to assure customer satisfaction.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills
- Must have interpersonal skills effective in connecting with people
- Must be able to deliver convincing and concise presentations and be able to communicate effectively in person or using any medium.
Critical Personality characteristics for success in the position:
- High energy – dynamic and fast-moving individual.
- Self-starter – active, constantly looks to change and improve, initiate and follow though
- High performer who focuses on results, delivery orientation and gets self-gratification from success.
- Smart and sharp individual with strong commercial capabilities
- Strong communication skills – being able to communicate with various cultures, different levels of seniority, etc.
- High emotional intelligence (EQ).
North Carolina, United States