Georgia, United States
Director of Sales & Marketing
- Develop and implement short- and long-range sales and marketing tactics for new and existing customers and products within assigned territory to meet or improve company objectives and quotas.
- Identify and actively pursue customers and match existing company products, or offer new product developments as a viable solution.
- Develop, coordinate, and communicate tactics and best practices of opportunity pursuits with other department leaders.
- Lead and coordinate solicitation or opportunity efforts to ensure timely and accurate input of costs and technical approaches are collected and are aligned with the tactics of the opportunity.
- Lead, manage, and develop proposal preparation and submission for captured opportunity or solicitation.
- Collaborate and engage with other departments and executive management to develop and implement short- and long-term tactics that achieves company goals, pursues opportunities, achieves sales targets, expands customer base, and increases market share.
- Establish, maintain, and represent a consistent company image and culture with all marketing materials, customer visits, and events.
- Collaborate with other departments to gather information and to prepare and effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals, presentations, marketing materials, and other technical publications such as white papers.
- Participate in meetings to report on territory activities, lead generation, capture opportunities, key issues, solicitation updates and plans with senior leadership.
- Communicate and collaborate with customers to understand their business needs and objectives and to build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships.
- Collaborate with other sales employees and consultants to share knowledge, to implement lessons learned, to develop esprit de corps, and to gain understanding of assigned territory, customer, product, and/or segment.
- Achieve or exceed pre-determined order booking objectives, targets, and quotas within assigned territory and accounts.
- Analyze and control expenditures to conform with budgetary requirements.
- Report and track metrics and data through the Business Development Review.
- Promote and provide quality control oversight in sales and marketing functions, deliverables, and operations to ensure compliance with customer and/or company requirements.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and company directives regarding ethics, security, and export restrictions.
- Control marketing efforts to anticipate problems and take corrective action to guarantee that achievement of deviated marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Track, review, analyze, identify, develop, change, and implement initiatives or tactics that will meet or exceed revenue and backlog projections.
- Research, review, evaluate, and monitor competitor’s offerings, sales and marketing activities, and core competencies to adjust tactics that will better position the company to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- Strong sales background with a minimum of seven (7) years of demonstrated experience developing customer relationships and achievable solutions, preferably with custom-engineered and/or modification-based projects and military projects.
- Three (3) years of experience in a senior management position leading teams in the planning, development, implementation, and execution of sales tactics.
- Broad functional knowledge of other company functions, such as Finance, Accounting, Engineering, etc.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to credibly and effectively present and articulate the distinct aspects of products and services, as well as position them against competitors, to influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level.
- Proven ability to plan, control, and drive the sales process from introduction through to closing.
- Excellent listening and negotiation skills to identify differing individual needs, to forecast opportunities, and to predict problems.
- Strong intrapersonal and customer relationship skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical ability to gather information either as verifiable facts or rumors, to analyze the relevance of this information, to draw conclusions regarding advantages, disadvantages, and trade-offs, and to understand root causes.
Georgia, United States