Texas, United States
Director – Supply Chain Management
Scope: Develop and implement strategic supply chain initiatives aimed at optimizing cost, availability and quality of all purchased goods, services and logistics for the site. Direct and administer the supply chain management organization so that it is compliant with all applicable laws, statutes and procedures. Direct the accumulation of pricing data for all Company proposals. Formulate and implement strategies which result in best possible materials cost based upon Customer and/or Business Unit proposal requirements. Direct and formulate negotiation strategies. Represent the company in negotiations with the Government, suppliers and customers on all matters concerning materials. Promote performance excellence and professionalism within the site’s Supply Chain Management function.
Must have knowledge of FAA, FAR and DFARS regulations
Need to have relevant aviation, logistics, warehouse, CLS or MRO experience
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Direct and administer a program of effective supply chain strategy, to provide all material, equipment, parts, assemblies, supplies, services and logistics required for the operation of the Company, ensuring optimum costs, terms and conditions, adherence to established quality standards, product specifications, schedules and Customer requirements and expectations.
- Direct the preparation, negotiation and administration of subcontracts for major sub‑assemblies and complex items, ensuring adherence to all established quality and technical standards, delivery requirements and within budget.
- Assure accurate input and quotations for business proposals by providing complete review of bills of material from engineering, development of criteria for suppliers, selection of best suppliers for quotes, and negotiations for most favorable terms and conditions. Also, provide all necessary back-up information that may be required depending on the type of proposal (e.g. FAR, DFAR, DoD, FAA, etc.).
- In collaboration with Supplier Quality, continuously evaluate suppliers and optimize the supplier base through analyses of their capabilities, quality performance, delivery performance, price competitiveness, production rates and tooling availability. Requires knowledge of numerous industries including Aerospace, Avionics, Aircraft Manufacturing, Depot Support, and Maintenance, Overhaul and Repair (MRO) to ensure that purchased items meet established quality standards and specifications set forth.
- Directs storage and distribution activities of the site. Ensures products, parts or supplies are shipped, distributed and/or received in an efficient and timely manner. Prepares or reviews distribution documents. Maintains warehouse safety in accordance with both Company and governmental standards.
- Through subordinate supervisor or manager, manages the receiving and storing of materials and the shipping of finished goods. Ensures materials are received from proper vendors, delivered to inventory and finished goods, and are packaged and shipped in a timely manner. Reviews receipt of all material to ensure purchase orders are open and the quality and material received are correct.
- Direct the monitoring and audit of supply chain and interfacing functions to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures. Keep management apprised of status and implement solutions to improve supply chain processes.
- Ensure company procurement policies and procedures required for purchase order and subcontract terms and conditions, re-determinations, contract terminations and supplier relations and negotiations are followed to maintain compliance with all applicable Government laws including FAR, DFAR, DoD, FAA and FDA Regulations.
- Represent the Company in negotiations with government or customers in support of material procurement activities.
- Assure adequate sources of supply for all material and service requirements with consideration to new technologies, quality and delivery.
- Evaluate and determine labor requirements and ensure the best utilization of personnel and work flow to meet proposal and production schedules. Select, train, and develop subordinates. Assign work for most efficient utilization of personnel, reviewing their activities to assure quality performance. Make appropriate promotional and salary recommendations or terminations.
- Prepare and monitor labor and expense budgets, ensuring cost‑effective operations.
- Develop and maintain appropriate affiliation with state and federal agencies, carrier groups, and shipper organizations to effectively plan and direct the transportation activities of the site, and comply with state and federal regulations.
- Ensure the efficient resolution to all supply chain problems and coordinate problem resolution with all interfacing departments to provide optimum production, quality and delivery of Company products.
- Promote positive employee relations and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain effective liaison with suppliers, customer representatives, and subcontractors to provide efficient, timely and cost‑effective procurement of materials. Keep abreast of innovation and industry trends in supply chain and strategic sourcing.
- Maintain effective liaison with all departments regarding market conditions, lead times, and shifts in pricing for materials and services in order to ensure most favorable company operations.
- Maintain effective liaison with the Department of Defense, private and public agencies to ensure optimum negotiations and compliance with all government and contractual regulations.
- Direct entire site supply chain management process.
- Establish and meet cost reduction, system improvement, and supplier improvement objectives.
- Participate in Company Councils to provide innovative solutions across US Operations.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- 10 plus years related experience to be proficient in the above areas or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires outstanding leadership
- Negotiating skills
- Managerial skills
- Thorough knowledge of FAA, FAR and DFARS regulations
- Supplier quality management techniques
- Understanding of the Aerospace, Avionics, Aircraft Manufacturing, Depot Support, and Maintenance, Overhaul and Repair (MRO) industries
Texas, United States
Aviation Maintenance, Operations / Management