DOM – General Aviation
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires that the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
Overview / Job Summary:
Our client operates a fleet of Piper Pawnees, Cessna L-19’s and other single engine piston aircraft in South East Florida. . The company also provides outside maintenance to various types of single and multi-engine piston aircraft. The company is looking for an experienced A&P Mechanic (with IA) for the maintenance shop who can perform day-to-day maintenance activities and lead/supervisor duties servicing company-owned and customer aircraft.
- Leading all aspects of the maintenance production process while demonstrating a continuous effort to improve operations, decrease cycle time, and streamline work processes
- Directing the schedule, maintenance process, and workflow of the facility while providing supervision for all personnel assigned to the Maintenance Department
- Strong communication and project management expertise is required to provide seamless customer service between the mechanics and the customer
- Implements maintenance processes and procedures to meet current and future objectives
- At times, perform line maintenance and aircraft inspections for both company-owned aircraft as well as customer/based aircraft.
- Conduct performance reviews and variance analysis of outcomes, evaluating and reporting progress to Senior Management
- Organize employee training program following reviews and assessments
- Provide leadership and mentoring for maintenance personnel including incentives, award recognition, and on the job training
- Must have excellent prioritization, organization, analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to read, write and interpret statistical reports, technical data, and standard operational procedures
- Ability to work with others as part of a team, in order to achieve established goals
- Ability to take personal responsibility for allocated tasks and work without supervision
Technical Experience / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working in an aircraft maintenance environment – general aviation experience highly preferred
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Mechanics Certificate
- Inspection Authorization (IA)
- Tube and Fabric experience a plus
- Lycoming and Continental engine experience
- Ability to read, understand, and use FAA approved maintenance manuals, illustrated parts catalogs, AD’s, Service Bulletins, inspection check lists, and other related maintenance documentation in order to effectively troubleshoot airframe, engine, avionics, electrical, and hydraulic systems
- Knowledge of aircraft systems including general, structures, electrical, fuel system, engine, propeller, hydraulic, pneumatic, air conditioning, ice/rain protection, avionics/RVSM, fight controls, landing gear and brakes and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required
- Exudes integrity, honesty, and respect for fellow employees
- A passion for aviation. Team player, lateral thinker, problem solver with can do attitude
- A desire to self-improve and grow with the company
- Ability to multitask and manage/oversee multiple projects at one time
- Good communication and customer relations skills as this position will be dealing with the customer for scheduling, submitting/preparing invoices, etc.