Florida, United States
EASA Chief Flight Instructor – Florida
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Title of Position: EASA Chief Flight Instructor
Employment location: Florida
The Chief Flight Instructor is responsible for the flying operations of FAR 141 flight academy, this includes safety, quality and compliance. The incumbent will follow established procedures but can adapt and innovate as the situation may require. There is a strong focus on quality with a continuous drive towards process improvement & customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for promoting flight safety throughout the academy.
- Accountable for ensuring the academy follows the local regulatory requirements regarding the delivery of flight training.
- Defining and monitoring the required quality and standard of flight training given by the training staff.
- Ensure training policies and processes are suitable for task and regulatory requirements.
- Communicating/promoting policies, procedures and standards throughout the academy.
- Ensure all flight training documentation, manuals and courseware are fit for purpose and meet the requirements of the business.
- Ensure flight training is delivered to meet the employer’s objective of being the safest, highest quality and customer focused training school in the world.
- Ensure training reviews are dealt with empathetically & expeditiously.
- Management and development of all instructors on base.
- Allocate 50% of time to Flight Instruction & standardisation where appropriate.
- Safe operation of company aircraft in line with, EASA, FAA and company requirements
- Effective safe communication with trainees and other departments (internal and external)
- Ensuring the safety at all times of all trainees within the Flight Academy.
- Ensure your own and the safety of other personnel in the vicinity of the working environment
- Perform tasks in compliance with regulations and company procedures
- Practice and promote the Company’s Safety policy and Just Culture
- Participate in safety briefings, meetings and events as appropriate
- Know their role in the company’s ERP
- Accountable for the safe flight operations of the company
Key Performance Indicators:
- Trainee progress, end of course & management reports completed to schedule.
- Simulator QTGs and subjective fly outs are always in date.
- Trainee pass rates
- Customer satisfaction
- Safety – mishap rates
- Regulatory inspection results – non-conformances
- Hold a current EASA FI professional pilot license.
- Hold a current EASA Class 1 medical
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, to motivate and encourage staff, to deal effectively with internal and external contacts ranging from executive to administrative levels.
- Demonstrable record of leadership in a flight training management role.
- Extensive experience in training as an instructor for professional pilot’s license.
- No aircraft accident or aviation violation convictions.
- Ability to concentrate and work in a fast-paced environment
Florida, United States